Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stalling/low spurts after getting gas.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
[MENTION=3450]Maxpowa[/MENTION] that is an interesting observation. I wonder if someone who currently has this problem can test it, gas station v gas station to see if one brand / pump causes this issue v another. I fill up at a Costco 98% of the time and never have the issue. Next time I fill up (just did it last night so it will be a week) I will see if I can determine the make / model of the nozzle.

[MENTION=3450]Maxpowa[/MENTION] that is an interesting observation. I wonder if someone who currently has this problem can test it, gas station v gas station to see if one brand / pump causes this issue v another. I fill up at a Costco 98% of the time and never have the issue. Next time I fill up (just did it last night so it will be a week) I will see if I can determine the make / model of the nozzle.
I've tested this theory at several stations with my 2017. As long as I add $20-25 from 1/4 of fuel, I've had no stumbling issues, hence why I think the auto-shut off for the pumps overfills the tank. The three stations I fill at, a Texaco, a 76, and a Chevron, all have the same pumps. All of them fill quickly except for the 76 pumps which take forever. In each case, i can hear fuel rising up the filler neck just before the pump clicked off. Only adding $20-25 isn't enough fuel in my case to all that to happen.

anticon

I just had this happen on my 2017 with 4,000 miles. I pulled away from the pump and when I stopped just before pulling out on to the road the car just quietly died. It did seem to idle a little rougher also. This was the first time it happened, it was also my first time filling up at this particular station.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I think I read somewhere that a gas cap might fix this issue. Was at the dealer the other day for another issue and saw the keyed gas caps and decided to give it a try. Besides I suspect someone may have been trying to tap into my gas recently. I installed it but haven't needed to fill up yet. Will let you guys know if it fixed mine.

Gas cap is a little pricey for what it is though...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yes, it's on my car now. It doesn't screw in though. It covers the opening and locks in place. For what it is, I don't think it's worth the price, but it should reduce the likelihood of people tapping into your gas tank and I'll let you know if it helps the stuttering or stalling after filling up the gas tank.
Can you even put a cap on our cars?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't think so either. It doesn't form a seal when locked into place so it's difficult to imagine it having any more affect than simply closing the gas door...but we'll see.
For anti theft. I wouldn't think it had any effect on venting. That's all taken care of.

Just chiming in. 2019 1k miles. Just happened to me twice after filling. I had suspected evap was flooded. The way it fixed itself makes me think it is evap related. I'm going to not let the auto shut off run next time I fill up. Just pump slightly under full from now on. I'll write back in a few weeks if that fixes it.