Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Start button does not work.

So driving home and my headunite stop working and so did the windows on the door controller. The touch screen and hand controlls work fine and as they should. About an hour into my drive home and my car gives me a flashing triangle and tells me my key is outside my car. Key was in my pocket. Got home turned the car off and went to turn it on and nothing happens when I got the power button. Gauges and instruments light up but no ignition. Check the fuses in the engine bay and all are fine. Accessport can not connect with the car either. Any ideas?.

Both keys can not start the car as of 11:50pm when I got home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hope it's nothing major. This has always been my concern with these push to start cars, but never experienced an issue. Interested to see what the problem is, Good luck.

Maybe try starting with the key placed against the blank where a normal key would go? I think that's the solution for dead remote batteries iirc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
MoxBoost
Thread Starter #5
Dealer ship had it for the day. What yhey found out was nothing was wrong and what ever happened was a fluke. They told me that until it happens again they will not know.

They said they did a reset on the cars pcm by computer, by unhooking the battery, they changed several fueses and relay. Nothing worked. The car basically unlock itself from what ever mode it was in.

Weird..would be nice if they had an idea wtf was going on, so maybe it doesn't happen at a less convenient place.

OP
MoxBoost
Thread Starter #7
Exactly. I kinda want it to happen again but at the same time I dont want it to happen.

Exactly. I kinda want it to happen again but at the same time I dont want it to happen.

If you want it to happen again, buy a VW. My mom's car did that on a monthly basis.