Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Starting my hunt for a 2015 FiST!

Hey guys/girls newbie here reporting in.

Looking to order a FiST in the next month or so and thought I'd stop in here to see if anyone can offer any advice on getting the best price. This will be my first new from dealer car so I can use any tips on how to best haggle with these guys or any FORD discounts I can throw at them.

If anyone in GTA/SW Ontario has a dealer who hooked them up please dont be afraid to share. :D

2015 Oxford White FiST w/ NAV/Recaro (smoke).

Cheers

sleepy

you may want to skip the Nav. Not because it's bad, but it can save you $800 or whatever it is.

Sync comes with a service that'll give you turn by turn directions for $5/month. I got the 1st year free. You can also load mapped directions from Google Maps or wherever into Sync and it will read the directions from there for free.

Having Nav on screen is nice, but is it worth $800 just so you can see a little picture map? It is a nice add for resale though.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Hey guys/girls newbie here reporting in.

Looking to order a FiST in the next month or so and thought I'd stop in here to see if anyone can offer any advice on getting the best price. This will be my first new from dealer car so I can use any tips on how to best haggle with these guys or any FORD discounts I can throw at them.

If anyone in GTA/SW Ontario has a dealer who hooked them up please dont be afraid to share. :D

2015 Oxford White FiST w/ NAV/Recaro (smoke).

Cheers

sleepy
On the FiST there is not much hagling you can do, especially on an order. A lot car maybe you can but not a 2015, maybe a 2014 but you won't get what you want. There is about $2000 between the MRSP and the dealer invoice, that is it. Only Canadian options to add are painted wheels, nav and moon roofs. The Reccaros are built in but so is the block heater. So you could knock some off but not much. What you can do is add dealer stuff like maintenance or other incentive they may have. If you are ordering there is not much there unless you are willing to walk out on the deal and than they may throw some free oil changes and want not. I was able to get the dealer to give me $200 for my almost 400000km car unseen.

Currently Ford Canada has upto 7 year 0.99% financing. Now this is where things can shine for you. If you want some aftermarket performance parts you can lump them into the deal. Just look at fiesta parts from http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/ If you contact Dixie Ford (http://dixieford.com/) Sean (the SVT parts guy) can get you pricing you can use with your dealer. Any dealer can order the ford racing parts just some will order from Dixie Ford and add some money for shipping to them. And don't forget the get them to include winter wheels.

Ford Canada is actually very competitive with tires right now and will price match. They also carry almost every brand. Remember to get a performance winter tire to help handle the power/torque the engine puts down.

I went for the MP215 and Ford Racing cat back exhaust. Trying to see if I can replace the Ford Racing Cat back with the Mountune cat back and the Mountune RRM.

Yes you will pay more for some ford racing parts but the Mountune exhaust and RMM is actually fair priced when considering the exchange and duty. The RMM is $199 Canadian plus shipping and taxes, no duty. So not too bad for a $150 USD. The MP215 being expensive out of the gate is expensive either way but is Ford warranty approved and the shop time is 1hour (confirmed by Dixie Ford).

Lastly check the Ford Canada accessories. Again @0.99% you could add a few parts or buy them outright. Things like illuminated sill plates, cargo covers, rear sensors, etc...

Good luck.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Sync comes with a service that'll give you turn by turn directions for $5/month. I got the 1st year free. .
Actually that service or any other Sirus linked service (weather, etc...) is not available in Canada. All we get is music. I agree the nav is too much, get a cell phone and use it. But since I like things integrated I got it.

Actually that service or any other Sirus linked service (weather, etc...) is not available in Canada. All we get is music. I agree the nav is too much, get a cell phone and use it. But since I like things integrated I got it.
[thumb]

ahhh, did not know that was a limitation for you guys. I get the integration thing. without the turn by turn option, or if I knew I'd be taking more long trips in the FiST I'd have ponied up for the Nav too. Partly because I'm pretty sure my phone is out to get me killed. It develops narcolepsy at the most inopportune times.

As a new GTA FiST owner who just went through the process, a few points:

Dealer told me cutoff was April 30th for a factory order, so you're probably SOL for a 2015 at that rate. And I wasn't all that keen to wait several months for the order. I really didn't want a sunroof, but I ended up with one anyhow.

Spring isn't the greatest time to be a buyer looking for a deal.

2014 leftovers in the province are basically all gone (I know because I missed out a few by days on 3 different cars. See spring isn't a good time to buy. Was a green one Ottawa way, couple of black in GTA and a Orange one Sudbury way as of two weeks ago). Note they'd need to discount the cost of financing (i.e. 0 percent deal) + the fact its older to make it worthwhile.

If you know exactly what you want, then figure out which Ontario dealers have stock. The Ford website will help; Although I noticed it will show stock for cars that aren't actually there from time to time.

Note the CDN price of the car recently went up 500. And some colours are now extra charge that were not before. Some cars in stock will reflect the old price some will not; I had a dealer that was trying to retroactively charge the price increase on the car they had on the lot. Needless to say we didn't make a deal. My car if I were to factory order it now would sticker $700 more between the price increase and paint option.

I was able to buy around invoice price (i.e. 2K off sticker + taxes on the road, no extra fees or dealer BS crap at all) But a.) you have to be willing to walk (because I did more then once) and b.) don't be too hung up in the precise car they have (see willing to walk). If they think you want that precise car too badly, they won't give you a good price. Don't share any info more then the bare minimum with them. Work with a dealer that has the car you want in stock.

Don't let them upsell you on crap you don't need.

0 percent for up to 72 months good deal financing wise. No other incentive for cash, so you might as well take advantage of that, but that deal is done end of April. Not sure what's coming up in May.

Good luck!!

OP
sleepycosmonaut
Thread Starter #8
Well...

I found a fully loaded oxford white that is now mine (monday the fourth is pick up date!).

FiST!

EDIT: Forgot the hilarity that ensued when I went home to pick up my trade in and it sheared the front passenger wheel lugs off turning into the dealership. Thankfully they had already signed the 200 trade in and talk about timing!

Congrats man. I'm from hamilton too. Just waiting for mine to come in. Where did you get it from? Hopefully I'll so you around.

Hey Congrats on the new ride! I'm sure you'll love it, I've had mine only a very short while but its just fantastic.

OP
sleepycosmonaut
Thread Starter #12
Never had so much fun driving as I have in this car. Really glad I went this route over the german '3s' if you know what I mean.

Learning manual in a FiST is just too fun!