Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steeda Fiesta Short Throw Shifter

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you pop off the boot and side trim panels you can get the the nuts at the base of the shifter mech.
Tough a bit awkward to work on you can remove them, lift up the unit, add the spacers and nuts mentioned and bolt it back down with whatever lift you wish.
I did have to relocate a sensor mount from over to under the cables, it was not hard to do.

I am 63, many injuries, disabled, arthritus, it was a fairly difficult task but if I can do it most anybody can;)

Is the shifter really that bad? Can only say I have missed a gear once at the track, and per the log I had it back into gear in a half a second.

I want a short shift kit just so I can run a shift lever extension without making my throws longer, but I don't think any of them offer enough throw reduction to do it. I've driven a lot of BMWs with AKG, and would love something similar for my ST.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I want a short shift kit just so I can run a shift lever extension without making my throws longer, but I don't think any of them offer enough throw reduction to do it. I've driven a lot of BMWs with AKG, and would love something similar for my ST.
If you run the boomba short shifter and the trans adaptor (boomba, mountune, FS Werks, etc), it shortens things up a lot....enough to still have short shifts with an extension.

If you run the boomba short shifter and the trans adaptor (boomba, mountune, FS Werks, etc), it shortens things up a lot....enough to still have short shifts with an extension.
Well...that may be the way to go then. Looks like a bit of work,but if it pays off...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
When shifting 100+ per lap in a 20 minute session a shorter through and more precise engagement, placement, etc become very important. When a car is modded to be considerably faster than stock, race tires so faster into and out of the turns, going all out, keeping both hands on the wheel as much as possible, then it becomes critically important which encompasses safety concerns at that point.