Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering component failure?

Hey guys.

I've had my FiST since Monday, just rolled over 1000kms today. When I started her up this morning, I got prompted on the touch screen dash about a steering component failure, service immidiately. The CEL, traction control and service light came on. Worried, I decided to just shut off the car and try again. Waited 10 seconds, turned her back over and all is well.

Gonna take it into ford this weekend, see if maybe something is up.

Personally, I think it was just a hiccup in the system as everything was running as well as expected.

Should I be worried? And has anyone else experienced this?

I will check torque app when I finish work and see what the exact code was (if the ecu still has it logged) and report back.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
While I haven't seen this in the FiST, I have experienced it a few times in my previous Mk3 Focus and have heard about the same issue on FoST forums. I think it's just a glitch in the software, especially if you were able to reset it.

Pretty much the same thing as the helicopters (flying computers), I work on. 9 out of 10 times, a power reset solves everything.

OP
boost420
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys, good to hear its most likely nothing.