Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering noise when turning right

I had creaking sounds only when turning right at low speed. I have a europe FiST.
The car was in for service at 20 000km and they lubricated a connection point in the steering column.See picture.
Noise is almost gone now, but sometimes very faint. Someone else with this problem?
There is a bit slack at connection point, and I'm thinking maybe some parts should be replaced?

Attachments

I had creaking sounds only when turning right at low speed. I have a europe FiST.
The car was in for service at 20 000km and they lubricated a connection point in the steering column.See picture.
Noise is almost gone now, but sometimes very faint. Someone else with this problem?
There is a bit slack at connection point, and I'm thinking maybe some parts should be replaced?
Is it a grinding noise? If so, it's your brakes...we have grindy brake noises...I gave in and just learned to like it...knowing grindy brakes stop good...that's my bad English...Skol!!!...oh sorry that's Swedish

OP
V
Thread Starter #3
The noise comes from steering shaft, it was confirmed at service, and fixed by lubrication.
I also had grinding noise from breaks but only a few times, and didn't have it for long. You have grinding constantly from brakes?
Once i think i had a stone locked in between rotor and pad, making a really load screeching noise, disappeared after some minutes.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
My stock brakes grind after sitting for a whole then seem to clear up after a few stops