Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Steering problem on full lock

Hi everybody I have a problem where my car seems to slide/skip to the right if I'm on full lock left it makes hell of a noise scraping sounds like tyres dragging across the road plus having a thudding noise while driving could this be a staberlizer link worn out hope you could help as it's driving me crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FocusMike

Does the grinding noise happen when you're just turning the wheels without driving it or only when you drive it?

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #3
When standstill all I hear is the power steering no grinding only when turning it's like I'm turning right but it's sliding to the left I also have a thud thud rhythmic sound when traveling but don't disappear when take load of both wheels could this be either anti roll bar linkages worn or even tracking ??

Thanks for the reply [emoji1360]

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #5
How could I check a cv it don't click on full lock is there any other way of checking thanks for the reply

FocusMike

How could I check a cv it don't click on full lock is there any other way of checking thanks for the reply

Jack the car up and turn both drive shafts in the opposite direction and see if they move.

FocusMike

Jack the car up and turn both drive shafts in the opposite direction and see if they move.

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #8
Ok I shall have a go this week mike thanks for the help mate I'll keep you updated [emoji1360]

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
[MENTION=183]lukefergusonc2[/MENTION] didn't you have issues with a leaking CV boot before? Wondering if the initial leak caused some wear damage with the shafts.