Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sticky brakes after every startup

I’ve been having a problem on my ‘17 ST for a few months now where the brakes stay partially engaged after the first few initial presses of the brake pedal after startup. I am able to resolve it by pressing on the brake pedal a few times to get them to release. I drove around a bit one time while they were engaged and was able to feel the heat coming off both the front right and back left rotors. Visual inspection was good, but I have not taken them apart yet.
What’s really throwing me off, is that it happens after every startup regardless of how long the car is off in between. I can drive around for 20 miles, shut down/ start up and it’ll happen again. That rules out my theory of condensation and dirt/ dust settling overnight in the caliper slides.
Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated from the collective ST wisdom here.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
If it were me I'd probably bleed the lines and clean and re-lube the slide pins. When was the last time this was done?

Maybe check that the spring and linkage for the parking brake aren't rusted up but not sure how much that could cause your issue.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Can you tell if the front or rear are stuck, or both? Like akira said, the slide pins are often the culprit on our cars.