Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Boost Curve?

Hi all,
Been driving the FiST for a few weeks now (and falling more in love with it by the day), and I have been wondering about the turbo performance on the stock engine. I did buy the car used with a turbosmart wastegate installed, so I understand that will affect turbo performance a bit, but I was wondering if anyone had a boost curve for the stock engine doing a dyno pull? I am just wondering so I can understand how the turbo behaves a bit better, as it seems to develop more / less boost at different stages in the rev range depending on how much load is on the engine? I don't know if that statement is actually correct though, as I am judging based off the sound of the wastegate blowoffs and nothing more, so it could be due to how much boost is being allowed into the engine and not how much is generated I guess.

Anyway, any insight into this would be welcome. I figured a boost curve graph would be a good starting point to try to understand it on my own, but I'm sure many of you already know the engine's behavior very well

Mikey456

Stock boost from the factory is limited in the first 2 gears to limit wheel spin by limiting power. There is also overboost feature which lasts for a short of time. The dyno curves are in other parts of this forum.

OP
Slabba
Thread Starter #3
Yeah I was able to find HP and torque dyno curves, but no boost curve. I knew about the overboost, but not the boost limit... I'd still like to see the curve of how that boost is applied during overboost etc...

OP
Slabba
Thread Starter #7
Yes, so truthfully it's the map Stage 0 which should be the same as the stock map.

If you want, you can also check this one which is on Cobb Stage 1 map, a Whoosh intercooler and 78F outside temp: https://datazap.me/u/smouvault/log-1626047902?log=0&data=1-4-8
I saw that pull on your profile on that site. Seems like a useful website. Hope your tune is going well, I plan to do similar upgrades soon (probably next year)

Thanks for the data and the cool website :)

I saw that pull on your profile on that site. Seems like a useful website. Hope your tune is going well, I plan to do similar upgrades soon (probably next year)

Thanks for the data and the cool website :)
Yeah it's pretty useful to keep track of the results of the mods you're doing without doing a dyno pull everytime. It's also very easy to do: you simply upload the datalog file from the Accessport and the website automatically creates the graphs.