Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock turbo peak horsepower and torque

Stkid93

Premium Account
For people who have stock turbo dyno sheets, (or even v dyno) what are your mods and where do you see peak horsepower and rpm?

While I’m interested in see how different mods affect peak numbers im really most interested in how using e30 affects these data points compared to 91/93. Does e30 make peak torque earlier and power later? Does it allow you to hold power out longer?

also, if you want to you can throw in your shift points for the hell of it too, example listed below

mods-stock turbo e30 intake and exhaust
Peak torque-2500 rpm
Peak power-5200
Shift at -5500

I don't have dyno numbers, but I can say the Dizzy E30 tune has more everywhere. Power band feels the same just more of it. Power still falls off up top due to tiny turbo, but pretty flat until 5500 rpm. Doesn't make much sense to rev any higher than that on stock turbo.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
“Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.” -Carroll Shelby
That's not 100% true, but the stock turbo gives you an excellent torque curve with a tune and a few tweaks. Reminds me of the old big blocks of my youth; pull that station wagon full of kids like a boss.
Accelerates quite briskly at highway speeds. Plenty of power in town, but you just get wheelspin if you hit it too hard. Gotta ease into it.
My tuner estimated 210hp./276tq. at the wheels. You can see my mods below. I added a crossover after it was tuned, and yes, it made a small difference. Looks killer, too.
If your car makes you grin that much, it's a good car. :)