Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strange Loud Tapping Sound on Startup (not engine)

In the last two days, I've had this problem twice. When starting my car, I get a loud tapping sound that sounds like it's coming from right behind the dash. The first two times it did this it only tapped twice. This morning it probably tapped about a dozen times and then stopped. It doesn't sound like an engine sound.

I had to replace the blend door actuator on the left side of the dash last year, and now it's tapping on the right side.

This is annoying...

I believe I remember reading there are three blend door actuators of which it seems the main one to fail is to the left of the radio/center console near the start button, followed by one by the glovebox. I am not sure where the last one is.

I happen to have had this since winter-time and I am finally going to get mine replaced before the warranty expires (along with the roof molding strips coming unglued and a sticking passenger window).