Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified aux fuel system for the Fiesta ST

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The fanboi-ism is too high in this community.
I'm just glad your doing something besides complaining about what everyone else is doing, for once, and actually taking on a project that can help the platform. Its easy to sit back, buy the most expensive parts, and complain about what everyone else is or isn't doing. So I'm happy your going to devote some time and energy into Straified's system as I'm sure it will be almost as good, as good or better than DHM setup ( only time can answer that ). Being as your running a stock turbo that can't be ran out of fuel, even on straight E85, not sure how that is going let you test anything or the upper limits. But either way, I really do wish you well and actually thank you for helping them.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
We have had more than enough fanboi-selfism on this forum, it get's really old.

I played far too much apart of the past issues some of us got into, I for one am glad to move beyond that and just help each other out.

---------------

Great if to have more than one company, especially a highly regarded one as well as less known but building a great track record, in record time, developing real performance parts for our incredible cars:)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'm just glad your doing something besides complaining about what everyone else is doing, for once, and actually taking on a project that can help the platform. Its easy to sit back, buy the most expensive parts, and complain about what everyone else is or isn't doing. So I'm happy your going to devote some time and energy into Straified's system as I'm sure it will be almost as good, as good or better than DHM setup ( only time can answer that ). Being as your running a stock turbo that can't be ran out of fuel, even on straight E85, not sure how that is going let you test anything or the upper limits. But either way, I really do wish you well and actually thank you for helping them.
Well, due to your previous vendor perspective you're pretty confused about the overall situation. I have always tried helping move the platform forward, whether that was from prototyping/testing parts or asking you for datalogs/V-Dyno information to substantiate the claims that you were making. In all honesty, had you been able to provide sufficient data to support the claims that you were making then I most likely would have actually bought one back then. I was never complaining about what you were doing, I was complaining about the fact that there were very free comparison tools that you could have used (and ultimately later on did) that you vehemently argued against using at the time. All we could get were omfgbbq statements from you, RAAM, and others-with almost absolutely nothing to support I them.

In contrast, and as an example of why I hold him in high regard, Russ posted legitimate dyno information as soon as he had it. Not only did he not over-hype it prior and then post solid data, but his very first response to me was an offer to post more data upon request. Do you not see how much more professional that is than throwing a temper-tantrum and banning people because they asked legitimate consumer-based questions?

Yes, I can't test upper-limits because I don't have a big turbo, but that can be addressed with math. Stratified needs to know physical information to address fitment, and that's what I can offer. Tuning beyond that is up to them and I'm pretty confident that their experience will show what they can do, just like whatever solution DHM comes up with.

Idk whether I will go BT or not anymore (because I was already supposed to have been there already), mainly due to my experiences with some people in this community and in part how my perspective changed once I dropped the FiST and began focusing on tuning the FoST. I've turned my focus towards preparing for the FoRS and learning how to tune my own vehicles instead, though I still do what I can to help and inform the community. Whether that's physical testing, taking my car apart to help (when possible), or creating threads to help teach the 'average' member, I have and have always done what is possible for the community whenever I've been a part of it.

You'll never understand why I'm the type of person that asks the 'hard' questions, but the overall situation is a perfect example of why someone like me is necessary (or at least beneficial to have).

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
"and banning people because they asked legitimate consumer-based questions?"

Again, let's keep the record straight, nobody was banned over this, they left on their own accord and then claimed banned from here on other forums, fact.

It was not about data, it was about attitude and behavior, period.

I asked some pretty serious "hard questions" dealing with suspension, I do not recall any hard data posted to prove anything, just opinion that ignored all known engineering principles. If we expect others to hold to the high road of data, etc, in one area of the car, then we should expect the same in other areas as well;)

Some of us learned from the past and chose to move on, it is far better than digging up old wounds, again and again, why don't we all just work for the common goal, the love of these great little cars, please:)

Thanks!
Rick

dyn085

2000 Post Club
"and banning people because they asked legitimate consumer-based questions?"

Again, let's keep the record straight, nobody was banned over this, they left on their own accord and then claimed banned from here on other forums, fact.

It was not about data, it was about attitude and behavior, period.

I asked some pretty serious "hard questions" dealing with suspension, I do not recall any hard data posted to prove anything, just opinion that ignored all known engineering principles. If we expect others to hold to the high road of data, etc, in one area of the car, then we should expect the same in other areas as well;)

Some of us learned from the past and chose to move on, it is far better than digging up old wounds, again and again, why don't we all just work for the common goal, the love of these great little cars, please:)

Thanks!
Rick
Left on their own accord and took their posts with them? Come on now, the community isn't that stupid. And fwiw I constantly and consistently acknowledged that there was no 'hard data' to utilize in your constant attempts to bash on the entire stance culture.

This isn't about digging up wounds, it's about directly addressing statements made towards me-you should understand that by now. Again, I'm never surprised when it's the same group of people constantly trying to provoke it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Leaving and posts deleted are two separate issues, I only know he left on his own accord, not why the posts are gone.

-----------------

There are many terms, lowered, slammed, etc and then stance which considerably different, my goal was to help make that clear and the ramifications of what going to low or stance will result in.

This video series shows what it takes to lower, slam, whatever, properly.

http://www.motoiq.com/Tech/TheUltimateGuidetoSuspensionHandling.aspx

----------------

"This isn't about digging up wounds, it's about directly addressing statements made towards me-you should understand that by now. Again, I'm never surprised when it's the same group of people constantly trying to provoke it"

I think the order of posts on this and another thread or two clearly define who is stirring this stuff up;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Funny,
I initiated a business agreement to get an EFR manifold and DP designed and built for this car for myself and others by providing parts and funds, it has led to a full kit and as well as the GTX system development. I happened to get a lower price for taking my car apart and waiting for weeks on end, missing track events, having to rent a car for family issues, making car and insurance payments and not getting to use the car, in the end I paid more for it than those that will be able to just buy it an put it on.
I was offered the first DHM IC/bumper beam at a discount, I was willing to do so and wait for it, in fact I let him ship my unit out to somebody else while waiting for my complete kit to be finished.
I am paying full price for the fuel system and tuning.

I put my money and time into helping DHM create amazing parts for our cars, Rod has done even more than I have now, if saving saving a bit while living without our cars, while still spending considerable amounts of money so others can benefit just bolting things on...(do not know what Rod's arrangement is other than no car and LOTS of money invested)

I "favor" DHM because Russ has done things beyond what anybody else has for us and is doing even more, superb quality, great prices....incredible results....there is nobody else doing things at this level.

MOVING forward, not digging up the past and calling names, also not willing to let somebody post false information and go unanswered;)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
MOVING forward, not digging up the past and calling names, also not willing to let somebody post false information and go unanswered;)
Now that you are the one on the end of the provoking statements and have responded the same way, you should be able to appreciate my previous responses in this and other threads a bit better.
We were doing so well. [emoji17]
^ This.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
More than you will ever know.

There's not really anything else I can say regarding the OP, so I'll see myself out now.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #38
I'm 22 years old and I work in the internet (linux engineering). There is nothing anyone could do on the internet that would upset me :p I'm just so excited about our cars and big turbo talk!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Pretty amazing power numbers we are seeing with just 93 and meth injection so you I can imagine you are stocked about it:)

I will be running a 91 octane tune due to traveling all over which will likely not produce quite what I want so the 5th injector will cover that and the added benefit of helping to keep the valves clean, I hope, make me really exited to have it.

Many options for us all about to happen:)

Ewhatever

91, 93 octane base fuel

Race fuel

WMI

5th injector

Just a switch or two and change the AP map and run whatever you need for the moment:)