Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

stratified blows my mind....

as stated above, stratified has absolutely blown my mind. Ive had my car not tuned for over 5 years now and just flashed my new stratified tune ( no crackles, it was too late at night for that map and I'd of gone to jail in an instant... ) all I can say is holy s***. I loved my car before but man, just backing out of the driveway I realized I'd have to readjust my driving style as my throttle is just THAT much more responsive. Before I found myself over reving the car cause the throttle was lazy on take off, now i dont have to hold the revs as high anymore ( altho that could just be my bad driving XD ) . Going through corners has always been fun, but now 3rd gear on a twisty road and im actually kind of scared of the car lol I do believe my clutch is starting to slip as when I drug out 2nd and tried to engage 3rd..... well it litterally wouldnt go in so I banged to fourth and then quickly back to third and it engaged 3rd gear properly.. other then that though, I can't say enough good things about this about this tune. The power, the responsiveness and the pops and bangs I get WITHOUT the crackles map actually scared me at first 😂

Needless to say.... thank you Fabrice viellesse for the incredibly job you did on my tune. absolutely 20/10 for stratified and yet another extremely happy customer. I look forward to them reviewing my logs

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I need to update my tune. I’m still very happy with my original Stratified tune, but may go no crackles this time around....maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I need to update my tune. I’m still very happy with my original Stratified tune, but may go no crackles this time around....maybe.

F-that noise...continue being childish. I love my snap crackle and pops.....My BAEs face is priceless when it gets really going in decal like a machine gun! [loveboost]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can you do the crackles on a stock dp? I'm thinking I'd need a upgrade for that.
Its always been debatable....ive ran it on a stock cat...no issues....now im on Whoosh high flow and it is more pronounced....my dog knows when I Hit my Street my BAE tells me.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Its always been debatable....ive ran it on a stock cat...no issues....now im on Whoosh high flow and it is more pronounced....my dog knows when I Hit my Street my BAE tells me.

Okay awesome! Worse case scenario is that my stock DP will need to be replaced and that gives me a better reason to go with a high flow kitty cat.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8

I loaded crackles this morning and nearly blew out my ear drum... on progressive XD I will NOT be running it unless Im at a car meet or something.

Its epic dont get me wrong, but I my gurgles are now gunshots and my neighbours don't appreciate it hahaha

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
F-that noise...continue being childish. I love my snap crackle and pops.....My BAEs face is priceless when it gets really going in decal like a machine gun! [loveboost]
It is quite enjoyable and makes people turn there heads ( alot ) however on a full 3inch system with a catless downpipe..... its excessive to say the least hahaha ill only run it at car meets or when I feel like being a little extra childish haha

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
I’m running the stock DP.

My 1year old kid loves riding in the car and listening for the pops. He always looks excited.

Aight, that right there is why I got into cars. I had a gentleman who must of been atleast 70 cruising his brand new super bee a few years back. We locked eyes at the lights and HE initiated the drag race XD dude whooped me but his grandkids smile in the passenger seat was worth every second. Thats when I really fell in love with car culture.

OP
T
Thread Starter #11
Okay awesome! Worse case scenario is that my stock DP will need to be replaced and that gives me a better reason to go with a high flow kitty cat.

Tbh ive heard it will damage youre cats, when you think about it, it kind of makes sense. Mini explosion happening inside what is essentially a pressure chamber cant be good for anything in the way of that Shockwave. However, like you said absolute worst case you just gotta replace the cat ( or get rid of it if you can ).

Of course I'm speaking theoretically as I've had my downpipe for a year with no tune ( im cheap okay lol ). If you're looking for a sweet sound with bubbles on decel and with the occasional gunshot when you're really pounding on the car, i have the MBRP pro series and 2j racing full race DP. If you can bear the smell ( you get over it after 2 days ) you will absolutely LOVE hearing youre turbo whistle when you cruise down a sleepy street ( sounds like a diesel truck with no cats spooling down, almost jet like ) and getting the occasional really loud pop out the ass end.

But bear in mind..... it is unbearably droney in 6th gear at about 115 km/h. I am genuinely disoriented after 2 hours of driving and have to regain my senses when I get out of the car ( no joke its actually insane ) although I have heard a resonator will fix this issue

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Tbh ive heard it will damage youre cats, when you think about it, it kind of makes sense. Mini explosion happening inside what is essentially a pressure chamber cant be good for anything in the way of that Shockwave. However, like you said absolute worst case you just gotta replace the cat ( or get rid of it if you can ).

Of course I'm speaking theoretically as I've had my downpipe for a year with no tune ( im cheap okay lol ). If you're looking for a sweet sound with bubbles on decel and with the occasional gunshot when you're really pounding on the car, i have the MBRP pro series and 2j racing full race DP. If you can bear the smell ( you get over it after 2 days ) you will absolutely LOVE hearing youre turbo whistle when you cruise down a sleepy street ( sounds like a diesel truck with no cats spooling down, almost jet like ) and getting the occasional really loud pop out the ass end.

But bear in mind..... it is unbearably droney in 6th gear at about 115 km/h. I am genuinely disoriented after 2 hours of driving and have to regain my senses when I get out of the car ( no joke its actually insane ) although I have heard a resonator will fix this issue
Pop and crackle tunes will eventually destroy you cat (unless you're catless obvs) so you're correct. Have a poping dizzy tune on mine but I do so low miles that I'm not too worried about it

Last edited:
OP
T
Thread Starter #13
Pop and crackle tunes will eventually destroy you cat (unless your catless obvs) so you're correct. Have a poping dizzy tune on mine but I do so low miles that I'm not too worried about it

I've actually wondered if the pops will have any long term effect on the engines but i havent seen any complaints yet and stratified has over 100,000 km kn theirs.

How many km / miles do you guys have on yours? Tuned and not tuned?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I've actually wondered if the pops will have any long term effect on the engines but i havent seen any complaints yet and stratified has over 100,000 km kn theirs.

How many km / miles do you guys have on yours? Tuned and not tuned?
I imagine that it doesn't help the engine but probably doesn't hurt too much either. All it does is retard the timing and add fuel on decel.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I loaded crackles this morning and nearly blew out my ear drum... on progressive XD I will NOT be running it unless Im at a car meet or something.

Its epic dont get me wrong, but I my gurgles are now gunshots and my neighbours don't appreciate it hahaha
Who cares what your neighbors think? You only live once my friend!Remember....To go nowhere..... Follow the crowd!

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
Who cares what your neighbors think? You only live once my friend!Remember....To go nowhere..... Follow the crowd!

I am 1000000% with you, but the cops have been here 4 times in a year..... one time cause there were 3 cars instead of 2 in the driveway and the neighbours simply thought that was too much.

I was partially disabled in a workplace injury ( almost had to amputate my left leg below the knee) and had to move back in with my parents cause they live in a home modified for the previous owner ( she had a stroke ) so it suits my needs while I rehab.

Otherwise I would agree and say f*** the neighbours and pop and bang to my hearts content hahaha

OP
T
Thread Starter #17

But honestly its mostly just cause I'm tired of having cops at my door for absolutely no reason 😂😂

OP
T
Thread Starter #18
I imagine that it doesn't help the engine but probably doesn't hurt too much either. All it does is retard the timing and add fuel on decel.
" Actually the crackles are not achieved by adding any more additional fuel "

That was there response when someone said that as well, however i don't understand how they achieve it without the additional fuel. Would be interesting to find out tho!

OP
T
Thread Starter #19
But I do remember reading somewhere that they actually mimick the same programming used on the focus rs to achieve them so that it is almost like ford tuned it into the car themselves from factory , i dont own an rs so i have no clue how it does it either.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
" Actually the crackles are not achieved by adding any more additional fuel "

That was there response when someone said that as well, however i don't understand how they achieve it without the additional fuel. Would be interesting to find out tho!
"First of all, we need to change the software in your ECU so that it does not cut off fuel immediately after you lift your foot off the throttle pedal. This means that some fuel is injected even when you are not pressing the pedal.

Secondly, we retard ignition timing during deceleration. The change causes the flame front to spread later than it normally would. This means that a part of combustion happens as the exhaust valves open and the cylinder is no longer the only location where the flame front spreads."

Was interested myself so I looked it up. Also saw another site where they didn't add fuel at all. Guess it's both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯