Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified crackle tune or DizzyPop?

I am looking to tune my fiesta and I’m a big fan of the pops and bangs (maybe not too crazy like gunshots though). Does anyone have any input as to which of these tunes is better for that or have any sound clips? I like the more aggressive nature of the stratified tune performance-wise but I heard Dizzy is also pretty great. I currently have a muffler delete and will be getting a downpipe before the tune.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
DIZZY TUNE DUDE!

GET THE MORE AGGRESSIVE VERSION. I WENT THE LESS EVASIVE ROUTE AND ITS NOT ENOUGH FOR ME

SrsBsns

I had the stratified loud tune. It was fun but a little too loud for me. I switched to the progressive tune when I added the E30 tune and I'm very happy with it. It still pops but it's not as loud/often as the aggressive tune.

When you're driving hard, the aggressive one is excellent. Perfect. But when you're driving to work and you're on the freeway and you let of the gas and POP POP POP POP, every time, it gets a little old.

I had the stratified loud tune. It was fun but a little too loud for me. I switched to the progressive tune when I added the E30 tune and I'm very happy with it. It still pops but it's not as loud/often as the aggressive tune.

When you're driving hard, the aggressive one is excellent. Perfect. But when you're driving to work and you're on the freeway and you let of the gas and POP POP POP POP, every time, it gets a little old.

I ordered progressive crackles and mine does the pop pop pop EVERYTIME I left off the gas.... I almost wonder if fabrice loaded the wrong crackles or its because I have a ludicrously large exhaust system. It seems the burbles I used to get are now gunshots hahah

Spork1569

I ordered progressive crackles and mine does the pop pop pop EVERYTIME I left off the gas.... I almost wonder if fabrice loaded the wrong crackles or its because I have a ludicrously large exhaust system. It seems the burbles I used to get are now gunshots hahah
I had the mountune exhaust and same happened to me with the progressive pops, got to the point I didn't even want to run the tune.

Much preferred dizzyburb above all, just the right amount of noise. Even dizzypop was a bit excessive.

I had the mountune exhaust and same happened to me with the progressive pops, got to the point I didn't even want to run the tune.

Much preferred dizzyburb above all, just the right amount of noise. Even dizzypop was a bit excessive.

Hmmmmm, very interesting. I honestly thought they sent me the wrong file, car feels amazing but yeah... imma end up in jail if I run that crackles map with my setup hahaha good thing they give you one with and one without

Whats the throttle like on dizzy tune? I ordered linear with stratified but tbh.... its more like an on off switch, kindda don't mind it though hehe

Spork1569

Whats the throttle like on dizzy tune? I ordered linear with stratified but tbh.... its more like an on off switch, kindda don't mind it though hehe
I'd say dizzy is pretty linear, I had the Stratified 91 with progressive crackles and linear too and it was way more touchy and torque.

I'd say dizzy is pretty linear, I had the Stratified 91 with progressive crackles and linear too and it was way more touchy and torque.

Damn, good to hear im not the only one with a punchy throttle.

I might try out a dizzy tune in the future, can you order a custom one just like strtified?

Spork1569

Damn, good to hear im not the only one with a punchy throttle.

I might try out a dizzy tune in the future, can you order a custom one just like strtified?
You can, I'd recommend waiting for a sale on the OTS tunes. They're not a bad price and you can see if the feel is something you like before committing to the custom one. Around certain holidays like labor day Jason will have a BOGO, so you can get a gas and e30 tune for the price of one.

I previously had a stratified tune, currently dizzy tuned. Stratified was definitely more "punchy", dizzy is a more smooth/linear tune. Very satisfied.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club

Do you have a catless downpipe to run dizzyburb?

Spork1569

Do you have a catless downpipe to run dizzyburb?
Nah I had the stocker with just the mountune exhaust and it burbled real nicely.

Now that I'm back on stock exhaust I hear nothing sadly, and the AP has since been taken off.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Nah I had the stocker with just the mountune exhaust and it burbled real nicely.

Now that I'm back on stock exhaust I hear nothing sadly, and the AP has since been taken off.
Oh really cause I have the Mountune exhaust with stock cat and really wanted to get it but Jason said that it might not be audible with stock cat. Good to know. You have a video?

Spork1569

Oh really cause I have the Mountune exhaust with stock cat and really wanted to get it but Jason said that it might not be audible with stock cat. Good to know. You have a video?
I didn't take a video before I took it off unfortunately. Honestly could be my stick cat isn't in the best shape since I ran dizzypop for like 5k miles before dizzyburb became available.

Dizzyburb e30 on the stock cat and Mountune Catback would grumble on decel and still pop every so often if I was pushing higher RPMs

You can, I'd recommend waiting for a sale on the OTS tunes. They're not a bad price and you can see if the feel is something you like before committing to the custom one. Around certain holidays like labor day Jason will have a BOGO, so you can get a gas and e30 tune for the price of one.

I very well may do that, been driving my car more and loving it even more then ever so idk if I will take the crackles off ..... tunnels sound unreal hahaha

I previously had a stratified tune, currently dizzy tuned. Stratified was definitely more "punchy", dizzy is a more smooth/linear tune. Very satisfied.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Totally agree. I have and use both. For bombing around town, the Strat is the ultimate cut and thrust. On the open road I like the Dizzy better. Both are great.

Totally agree. I have and use both. For bombing around town, the Strat is the ultimate cut and thrust. On the open road I like the Dizzy better. Both are great.
I might try out a dizzy tune one day, im not gonna lie i ordered progressive exhaust crackles.... i already need new ear drums hahaha i would quite litterally be SCARED of the loud option they have with my setup ( full 3 inch with no cat ) im honestly really enjoying the strtified tune, downshifting is a dream now and genuinely feels smoother which i dont understand since its a manual and you dont really control shift points via a tune ( or you do and i could be wrong ) but hey, ill gladly take it haha

I'll be entirely honest I really want a set up that I can switch on the fly via the cruise control functions. If I could have my balls to walls strat tune in slot 2 and a still better then stock but not quite as aggressive tune from dizzy in slot 1 and be able to switch on the fly it would be a wet dream. I like the idea of the economy slot but........ my car has never and will never be used for economy so I feel like I'd use it for 2 mins then turn it off and never use it again 😂