Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified crackle tune or DizzyPop?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Not sure if my imagination or not but my dizzy stage 2 93 started off (first 40 or 50 miles) very punchy, almost 2 separate surges doing a pull (3/4 ish throttle). After those miles it seemed to smooth out becoming very linear (much stronger than stock pull). The girlfriend thought so too. Jason did recommend waiting to datalog until after 100 miles on the tune.

Not sure if my imagination or not but my dizzy stage 2 93 started off (first 40 or 50 miles) very punchy, almost 2 separate surges doing a pull (3/4 ish throttle). After those miles it seemed to smooth out becoming very linear (much stronger than stock pull). The girlfriend thought so too. Jason did recommend waiting to datalog until after 100 miles on the tune.
Yeah ive noticed that too, it takes roughly a week for the tune to fully settle in, for example when I first upload the crackles map its insanity but after a week ( even less depending how hard you drive the car ) it actually mellows out quite a bit, same thing with the throttle response.

I did read that these cars learn best under WOT so I almost wonder if you could have the tune settle in faster if you were to do more 4th gear WOT pulls more often. How does 4th gear feel? I'll be entirely honest I love 3rd but feel like 4th is a little lack luster..... 15 seconds from 2500 rpm to redline is a little long hahah

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yeah ive noticed that too, it takes roughly a week for the tune to fully settle in, for example when I first upload the crackles map its insanity but after a week ( even less depending how hard you drive the car ) it actually mellows out quite a bit, same thing with the throttle response.

I did read that these cars learn best under WOT so I almost wonder if you could have the tune settle in faster if you were to do more 4th gear WOT pulls more often. How does 4th gear feel? I'll be entirely honest I love 3rd but feel like 4th is a little lack luster..... 15 seconds from 2500 rpm to redline is a little long hahah
Too be fair you're not really supposed to go wot in 4th at 2500 RPM (besides datalogging).
3rd and 4th in their respective rpms are both great!

Too be fair you're not really supposed to go wot in 4th at 2500 RPM (besides datalogging).
3rd and 4th in their respective rpms are both great!
Fair enough haha I'm still in the process of datalogging and refining my tune with strat, you are right tho she does pull pretty hard for such a small engine, do you guys actually use the available 7k rpm or do you still shift around 6? I personally shift around 6k cause my car is old and with my luck I'd shift at 7k and blow something lol

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Fair enough haha I'm still in the process of datalogging and refining my tune with strat, you are right tho she does pull pretty hard for such a small engine, do you guys actually use the available 7k rpm or do you still shift around 6? I personally shift around 6k cause my car is old and with my luck I'd shift at 7k and blow something lol
On Stock turbo there's no point waiting to shift past 5.5-6k. On a bigger turbo that's a different story haha. These engines are pretty stout, but there's no point in pushing so hard for no gains.

I have the DizzyPop E30 tune and used it for a few months but it would get a little too crazy on decel so went back to the regular E30 tune. It's nice that it doesn't pop under 3k rpm so driving through suburbia I could keep it at bay and I'm sure he can adjust that threshold but didn't like having to pay attention to it. Honestly the natural burbles from the nonPop tune are decent enough. I also feel like the Pop tune robbed some power vs the regular tune just from seat of the pants.

On Stock turbo there's no point waiting to shift past 5.5-6k. On a bigger turbo that's a different story haha. These engines are pretty stout, but there's no point in pushing so hard for no gains.
Thatz what i figured, ive heard anything past 5500 is a waste of time, but then they raise your rpm limit to 7k so it makes you wonder.... if running stock turbo and whatnot why would they even up the rpm limit? An extra 1500 rpm may yield an additional 20 hp on a highly refined system and as good as the fiesta is... I just dont feel like it will get 20 hp out of that 1500rpm... maybe 2 hp haha I know I shift anywhere from 5500 to 6k when im running through the gears and it seems to be the sweet spot

Erick_V

Thatz what i figured, ive heard anything past 5500 is a waste of time, but then they raise your rpm limit to 7k so it makes you wonder.... if running stock turbo and whatnot why would they even up the rpm limit? An extra 1500 rpm may yield an additional 20 hp on a highly refined system and as good as the fiesta is... I just dont feel like it will get 20 hp out of that 1500rpm... maybe 2 hp haha I know I shift anywhere from 5500 to 6k when im running through the gears and it seems to be the sweet spot
For me the extra RPM comes in handy when I need a little more wheelspeed in Autocross. Instead of going into 3rd then back to 2nd or banging off limiter for a couple seconds I can stay in gear and go a little faster. Other than that, yeah, extra RPM is useless on the stock snail