Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stumble under partial/ full load in wet weather only.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
id have to file a claim with PayPal to get my 71 bucks back from Tasca. I think ford has the same supply problem with the evap canister. Not surprised seeing as every new ford comes with faulty emissions equipment that crushes the fuel tank.
Was it doing it before the Evap Canister decided to get taken out?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Yes. Last summer with similar mods and no damage to anything. in the rain for a half hour ish ( or less if its humid AF all day)

Warm and rain are when the issue crops up? Are you running the A/C when the issue happens?

I had an issue in December when a brake duct was interfering with the A/C pressure sensor, and it basically killed the engine while throwing useless fault codes. It doesn't sound like you have as bad of an issue as I did, but if you're under the car you should be able to see the sensor and wiring.

The sensor is right behind the passenger fog light, so it's low enough that it might be getting wet while you drive. Or you might be getting condensation.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
Ac on or off after a while in humid wet weather it starts doing this

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Best way to describe it is it feels like spark is breaking up but no codes come with it.

Hmm, that's how my issue felt but I was getting a P06A6 code. Probably a different issue, then.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Who knows whats wrong with this dumb car. It would be great if i had a code to start with that was extra from what i already have ( cracked evap canister)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Getting this car fixed is definitely worth it. It happened to me when I was driving in heavy rainy for an extended time. Never did it again but I was also never under the same condition. Just think about the fact you don't have car payments. Of course I'm also the type of person that drives their cars till they go to the junkyard. With the car running take the engine cover off get a spray bottle, and mist the ignition coils see what happens.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
Im still paying on it for a year and a half yet. Loan is almost done.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
Ill try misting the coils tonight. Itll be dark out so if any are cracked id for sure see it. And looms like ill be checking other things on it this weekend too. I wouldnt be shocked to find a cracked coil is causing it.

I know you called bs in a previous post about it but have you looked inside the intake pipe for any moisture? Or pull the intake filter during those conditions and see if its moist at all anywhere throughout the intake system. If its only during humid conditions the moisture could be building up in there.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
I havent being as im usually in the middle of a long drive and have no place to pull off the road and tear the car halfway apart. Not like it would do mjch good if its raining.

One trip the weather cleared up after about 4 hours and the humidity dropped. Car ran normal pretty much right away. The return trip was a nightmare. 12 straight hours of rain and stuttering and stumbling on the highway any time i went near the throttle.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Try cleaning the maf sensor? In previous vehicles I had similar issues that was cause with oil for the oiled air filter accumulating on the maf and would be weird at humidity cutting timing to regulate af mixture.

Another spot is check the throttle body wiring this is a hunch.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
I could check both. The "maf" on these is mostly an intake air temp sensor. , then the charge air temp sensor in the cold side. Then the map in the intake mani that does all the work.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
No arcing on the coils. Gonna check and clean sensors over the next couple days.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
Friend suggests watching the hpfp and looking for dips in pressure.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are low and high pressure fuel sensors in the rail and on the pump......The thing is you say it happens only when it's wet out...it makes me think is its something underside of the car...not so much topside.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
Yeah. Top of the engine is usually dry. This makes me really wish i could fit a skidplate with the pierce 6 point.