Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stumble under partial/ full load in wet weather only.

V_2

Maybe your upstream o2 sensor is on its way out, or shorted? I had a similar issue where my car would break up at WOT (in any weather though). But I monitored HPFP, STFT and AFR. What would happen is the o2 sensor would short out, the PCM thought it saw a super lean condition, so it dumped fuel until STFT was maxed out, causing HPFP to drop significantly.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
Its been an issue that has followes me from a cobb cai, back to stock, and now my cpe intake.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
UPDATE:

cleaned both the iat/maf sensor behind the filter, and the charge air temp sensor the weekend prior. Well it was raining on the way home from my girlfriend's place. Last part of the trip i was in rain for a half hour. It started doing the thing again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It has to be something underneath the vehicle the is getting wet that shouldn't.....Do you have anyone that can drive the car while you monitor live feed data on a scan tool to see if anything is reading abnormally at the point of break-up?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
Only thing ive got is my AP to scan and read stuff 😕. And im a tuning novice that doesnt understand a datalog or really how to do it, lol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can get any OB2 scantool that's does live feed data.....This allows the reading of most of the vehicle parameters/ Data from sensors as they operate ....But again you will have to have someone else drive it with it plugged into the obd2 port and then monitor the data to see if there is anything abnormal during the observation on the scan tool. They scan tool can be bought online for under $150 for a decent scan tool that does live feed data.

Here is an example......

https://www.amazon.com/Creader-CRP1...LY/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584070138244748&psc=1

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
Ok. Ill have to Look into it if i have enough money sometime soon. I wonder if its something dumb as hell like the purge valve freaking out and opening/closing and creating an odd leak.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
Its either that, or water trapped in the intercooler somehow? Which doesnt make sense because its not even close to humid unless my MAP developed a crack somewhere.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Its either that, or water trapped in the intercooler somehow? Which doesnt make sense because its not even close to humid unless my MAP developed a crack somewhere.
Very doubtful on the water in the intercooler.....it only happens when it gets wet which leads me to believe its under the car and getting hit with road spray from driving in the rain....something electrical.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
There are maybe 3 fiesta St in my nearby area tops. Everyone has focus ST otherwise. As for anybody having a scan tool i guess id have to hope lol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are maybe 3 fiesta St in my nearby area tops. Everyone has focus ST otherwise. As for anybody having a scan tool i guess id have to hope lol.
A good car person has one anyone else who doesn't isn't a true car person at heart....or a good Tech.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #76
Most dont in this state. They just go and get the codes scanned at advance and cleared there

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The tires are slipping and the ECM dials back the power. Mine started as the OEM tires are worn out at 33K. New tires this week. Happened twice yesterday on slick hwy. Dials power back before you can feel the tire spin like it should.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The tires are slipping and the ECM dials back the power. Mine started as the OEM tires are worn out at 33K. New tires this week. Happened twice yesterday on slick hwy. Dials power back before you can feel the tire spin like it should.
OP should at least try in the wet under "race mode" to confirm, but most likely has been ruled out already.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #80
These azenis are new. Less than a month old. This doesnt feel like tire slip. I first thought it was om my old stock stuff last year. But trying with tcs on or off didnt change anything on a 12 hour rainy drive back home from oklahoma. Something is getting wet and causing an issue.