Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"Surging" issue when in boost

My 2014 FiST is having the same issue, where at WOT it will hit full boost at 21psi (cobb stage1, straight-piped with catless DP), but the bypass valve also makes that "pschew-pschew-pschew" sound. Also, the exhaust backfires multiple times in a row and it accelerates rough. Usually happens around 3k-3500rpm. It evens out around 4500rpm and is smooth from there, but only sits around 16psi. I checked all the hose clamps already and nothing is loose. I've reset everything to stock with accessport and it still has the same issue.

I'm at 34.8k miles, I'm in NY, and Im supposed to be driving home to NC tomorrow.. roughly 700 miles.. just started happening today. Not sure what to do from here other than swapping it back to stock and taking it to the dealership as soon as I get back. It's gonna be a long drive home without being able to hit boost... :/

Anyone resolve this yet? Mine started doing it after I switched from cobb stage 3 map to the tune+ maps. I'm only on my 3rd revision though...

Will a Aftermarket IWG Not solve this problem? I have some surging and have a revised tune to try and help it from Tune+, but I haven't had time to try and recreate the scenario yet. I do have a Turbosmart Tune+ IWG to install still plus a catless downpipe.

Will a Aftermarket IWG Not solve this problem? I have some surging and have a revised tune to try and help it from Tune+, but I haven't had time to try and recreate the scenario yet. I do have a Turbosmart Tune+ IWG to install still plus a catless downpipe.
What year is your car? If it's a 14 I would suggest you AT LEAST take the spring out of the WGA. Ask Adam about it. My 14 gave me all kinds of surge issues, they got more pronounced with the tune. Turbosmart shortie mechanical BOV solved everything for me! Couldn't be happier now, I feel much more connected to the car. With the stock BPV I would get boost release at the strangest times.

It's a 14'. Adam did say the 14' was very bad about that. Even remove the spring from the Tune+ Wastegate?

Installed the turbosmart shortie today...surging is gone and no longer have the annoying stock valve opening and closing for no reason. I just have to dial in the stiffness now.