Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Suspension clunking up front

From searching I've seen I'm not the only one with this issue. However, all the threads I've seen are several years old and inconclusive. I've removed the drop links to the sway bar to no avail. I've checked the passenger motor mount bolt and it's fine (no sheared). I can't detect any play in the lower control arms and unfortunately can't visually inspect the puck bushing for damage due to the design as it's hidden. I've pried around under there and can't find the culprit. Any new revelations in the past couple years as to the cause?

Could it be a worn passenger motor mount? I have a fairly new transmission mount. Just saw this video after posting:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TruQTIl-UDg&ab_channel=HappyHill%27sCars%26StuffHappyHill%27sCars%26Stuff

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Check the 3 bolts that hold the passenger mount to the chassis. Mine got loose somehow, whole motor kept shifting front to back. Wear marks in the paint was a clue. Had a thunk for months.

Check the 3 bolts that hold the passenger mount to the chassis. Mine got loose somehow, whole motor kept shifting front to back. Wear marks in the paint was a clue. Had a thunk for months.
Hey man did you ever fix the PMM bolt issue? I replaced my OEM PMM with an AWR one- been hearing a clunk around shifting from there and seeing probable paint scratching around the bolt head on the chassis side. What did you do to fix it?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
A re-torque of the bolts would have been sufficient. In this instance, I had already purchaced a replacement mount so I installed it and torqued everything appropriately.

1704814485944.png

I torqued them initially to those specs; maybe my wrench needs calibration but they weren’t tight and were loose enough for concern so I tightened to fitment. Maybe I over torqued them?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The bolts are not torque to yield so if the threads of everything are fine I doubt they were over-torqued. If you feel they needed more, give 'em more I say! 80nm is'nt very much it my book. Hopefully this solves your issue.