Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs Installed

Mikey456

I just installed swift springs with bilstein b8's. I forgot to measure or take before pics but it doesn't even look lowered at all. Now lowering wasn't my reason for this setup, it was a nice bonus even if only one inch. I did install powerflex rear spring pads so I knew that would be a factor but the front doesn't even look lowered.

I love the setup so far. Still firm but more compliant over bumps. Less jarring. Less rattles and clunk too. I suppose it's possible my front oem struts were going bad. They don't appear to be leaking but who knows, only 24k miles.
That odd that your car did not lower much. I think mine dropped around an inch,but I’m on stock shocks. I’m thinking about going your route with Bilstein’s. I wonder if that will jack my car up too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

That odd that your car did not lower much. I think mine dropped around an inch,but I’m on stock shocks. I’m thinking about going your route with Bilstein’s. I wonder if that will jack my car up too?

It's a smidge lower but not really noticeable. Idk maybe I'll post up pics. It did feel lower when I drove it the first couple times but I've adjusted now. I'm sure it's fine and maybe it will settle a bit more.

So I learned about Swift springs, read the how and why and was sold. They're for performance. They lower only as much as benefits a lower CG but without impacting suspension geometry. They only use linear spring rates so you always know your rate. No guessing from progressive rates. They dyno the stock dampers and match the spring rates to those.

I installed my springs at a friend's house on Friday and the improvement was felt immediately. The drop seems to be about 1" or maybe a hair more. I didn't measure because I didn't care.

On the road small bumps feel less bouncy. Body roll is almost completely gone (I do have a TB Performance rear torsion bar). Ultimate grip is way up and the car is now tail happy again. (It lost some of that with the stock springs and the addition of the TB Torsion bar).

This morning I had a great blast through twisty roads with a Cayman S, Mitsu Ralliart and 3 modified Focus STs. The car performed flawlessly. My custom (built by myself and Boostbumps) e20 tune was rock solid with +6 corrections all around and the suspension was on point.

I love it.

Photos:

I recently recieved the Swift Spec R springs in the mail as well. My Fiesta ST has 55,000 miles. I'm excited to install them but I'm afraid my stock struts will be ruined. Everyone says no, but a bunch if my friends say yes, I'm honestly just paranoid haha. How long have you had them? And how have your OEM struts been since the install? Thank you

TemecFist

I recently recieved the Swift Spec R springs in the mail as well. My Fiesta ST has 55,000 miles. I'm excited to install them but I'm afraid my stock struts will be ruined. Everyone says no, but a bunch if my friends say yes, I'm honestly just paranoid haha. How long have you had them? And how have your OEM struts been since the install? Thank you
Your friends have absolutely no clue as to what they are talking about. The Swift springs were made specifically to work with the stock struts. I had mine for 10k miles (mostly track miles), and my struts were just fine, and I can just about guarantee you, that you will never put your struts what I put mine through. Lol

Plainrt

1000 Post Club

it’s very likely your stock struts are already toast as they aren’t long lived struts

the duke

Bilsteins are a high-pressure gas shock. They have a tendency to "raise" cars if the dampers they're replacing are worn. It also needs a few days to settle and cycle.

Does anyone else make a lower spring pad other than ferd? I have the Uppers in Powerflex Already.
What specifically are you looking for? A new rear lower isolator or something for the front?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bilsteins are a high-pressure gas shock. They have a tendency to "raise" cars if the dampers they're replacing are worn. It also needs a few days to settle and cycle.

What specifically are you looking for? A new rear lower isolator or something for the front?
They make an upper for the Rear by power flex. But there only seems to be Rear lowers are a ferd only.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Are you on the swift springs also? I'm running 215/40r17s now with the Swift springs and have zero rub, but I want to go to a 205/45/17 but have heard they might rub with Swift springs. Any ideas?
No rub for me with 205/45/17 on swifts and konis. Tires are S001

it’s very likely your stock struts are already toast as they aren’t long lived struts
You think my stock struts are bad already? I have 57,000 miles now. Idk how long they last. I also got a set of bilstien B8 struts, since they said that those were meant for aftermarket springs. Idk how rough the ride will be with those combined tho. Idk how much if a drop I'll get either

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You think my stock struts are bad already? I have 57,000 miles now. Idk how long they last. I also got a set of bilstien B8 struts, since they said that those were meant for aftermarket springs. Idk how rough the ride will be with those combined tho. Idk how much if a drop I'll get either
I only have ~26K miles on my factory dampers, and I will be replacing them with either Swift springs, or factory springs on Bilstein B6es (IF I cannot go with a factory height coil over) due to what I WILL BE putting them through, regardless of whether they are 'toast' or not, yet.

The factory dampers work pretty well indeed, but I just do not 'trust' their ultimate quality/durability/longevity to stand up to driving down totally bombed out rally stages for too many miles. [wink]

I only have ~26K miles on my factory dampers, and I will be replacing them with either Swift springs, or factory springs on Bilstein B6es (IF I cannot go with a factory height coil over) due to what I WILL BE putting them through, regardless of whether they are 'toast' or not, yet.

The factory dampers work pretty well indeed, but I just do not 'trust' their ultimate quality/durability/longevity to stand up to driving down totally bombed out rally stages for too many miles. [wink]
I live in Virginia Beach and the roads here are pretty rough which is why i chose these springs. They only drop one inch. But I'm afraid of ruining my stock struts since I nearly have 60k miles. I got the B8 struts for the springs, but I think I made a mistake and should have gotten the B6s. Because the springs are for factory struts, and the B6s are closer to factory than the B8's. I think I'm ganna install them anyway and see how they feel. I've read a couple times that some people have had the Swift with B8 struts and they perform great. Plus I never drive my car that hard hardly ever so I dont think I'll be damaging anything any faster than they normally would.

I live in Virginia Beach and the roads here are pretty rough which is why i chose these springs. They only drop one inch. But I'm afraid of ruining my stock struts since I nearly have 60k miles. I got the B8 struts for the springs, but I think I made a mistake and should have gotten the B6s. Because the springs are for factory struts, and the B6s are closer to factory than the B8's. I think I'm ganna install them anyway and see how they feel. I've read a couple times that some people have had the Swift with B8 struts and they perform great. Plus I never drive my car that hard hardly ever so I dont think I'll be damaging anything any faster than they normally would.
Hey I’m in Virginia Beach too! Good luck with the springs, they’re the ones I was looking into as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even the 'techs' at Swift are very ambivalent about which Bilstein damper to use with their Spec R springs. [wink]

I had one of their techs vacillate between the two during the very same phone conversation! LOL

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Even the 'techs' at Swift are very ambivalent about which Bilstein damper to use with their Spec R springs. [wink]

I had one of their techs vacillate between the two during the very same phone conversation! LOL
So...did they say B8s or B6s? Which one was the best with the Swifts?