Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Symposer delete, drop in filter, fmic, AP with Stratified tune.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Not only is it underwhelming in the 1/4 mile but the 370 feels slow AF.
I am not trying to build a drag car out of my FiST, just want to know it is a solid 13 sec car with the mods I have done.
Yes, with an e30 tune in flash form and decent tires/bracing/overall traction it is a 14 flat car on street tires. The more supporting mods the better, the ones in my last 2 posts above, will help you achieve the best possible times the most consistently. I happen to have a custom e50 tune as well and just because of the custom dialing in from datalogs sent helps maximize that (the e50 part is just for easier mixing math) probably pushes it from 14 to 13.8, but I need more practice in launching, I've hit 14.2@102 without the best launches. There are a variety of launch methods and depending on sloppy of wheel hop you have and using a spark based traction control can help. But I won't even get into that as most people are strongly against it and I still have to work on how I'm going to be launching including launch control RPM settings. Fairly low RPM's seem to work best due to how quickly torque is produced and how short geared we are, RPM's around 2750 seems to be ideal, even if doesn't sound as cool at the line.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
This thread is giving me confidence that the AP and E30 tune will be the best bang for buck. I'm trying to avoid touching hard parts in case I need to bring it to the dealer for warranty work, (it's used with quite a few miles on it). Plus I hate spending money on things that don't actually improve performance. Symposer might get deleted, and I may or may not replace the RMM.

The only thing about the symposer is that it tricks my 2 young boys into thinking we're going fast. I like that they can think we're going fast when we're only going 40mph.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This thread is giving me confidence that the AP and E30 tune will be the best bang for buck. I'm trying to avoid touching hard parts in case I need to bring it to the dealer for warranty work, (it's used with quite a few miles on it). Plus I hate spending money on things that don't actually improve performance. Symposer might get deleted, and I may or may not replace the RMM.

The only thing about the symposer is that it tricks my 2 young boys into thinking we're going fast. I like that they can think we're going fast when we're only going 40mph.
RMM really is a must, it's barely adequate for the stock tune but for $95 for a Whoosh one and only a half hour to swap out with no warranty issues it really is the one you really should do. Symposer is a bit more subjective. Sure, it can leak a little once going beyond stock boost levels but our turbo systems make up for it with just very slightly more strain on the turbo, so not a huge deal.