Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3.4 Upgrade?

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #41
Tried installing it, didnt work on my end. I have the old style usb from the 2015s. I'm stuck on the error update package not found red screen. USB drive is exFAT and MBR. It appears I can't revert back to my old Sync system. Any suggestions?
I think you are supposed to get that error with the first flash drive, then you put the second one in and it continues the process.

I think you are supposed to get that error with the first flash drive, then you put the second one in and it continues the process.
That's what I did, but it stayed on the red screen after putting the new drive in. This has to do with the USB module from the 2014-2015 model which I'm in the process of converting right now.

To those who did the sync 3 conversion but never bothered changing the USB module, dont install it. I'm pretty sure you need the 2016+ USB modules for this update to work.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #43
Interesting. I thought the only difference in the post-2015 module was the chip for Apple Car Play. Guess not.

Interesting. I thought the only difference in the post-2015 module was the chip for Apple Car Play. Guess not.
That's what I thought to, I mean it's just a USB port but I guess whatever carplay needs in the 2016+ usb hubs is also required to install 3.4. Still waiting for the sync 2 to sunc 3 adapter which should come tomorrow and I'll verify it once I get it sorted out.

Verified. To those who did the sync 2 to sync 3 conversion and didnt swap the USB module out for the newer ones, this update wont work. You need to use the latest USB module in order for the 3.4 update to work. Works well on my end now!

Verified. To those who did the sync 2 to sync 3 conversion and didnt swap the USB module out for the newer ones, this update wont work. You need to use the latest USB module in order for the 3.4 update to work. Works well on my end now!
So we will need the new USB module with USB-C?

Noob here

I'm a little confused reading through this thread. Would I need forscan to do this mod, or can I do this to a stock system?

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #50
Noob here

I'm a little confused reading through this thread. Would I need forscan to do this mod, or can I do this to a stock system?
If you are already on Sync 3.3 no, there's nothing to do in Forscan.

Nope, just the 2016-2019 usb modules. But you will get a USB hub not compatible message until you get the USB-C module.
So if I have the pre-2016 USB and Sync 3, I need to get both a 2016+ just for the update, and the USB C one for later? I wanted to jump straight to the USB C adapter if possible.

Thanks

So I ran the update (non NAV) with no hiccups this morning and just replaced the hub, and I now have USB fast charging on my Pixel! I also think the 3.4 interface looks a lot cleaner than the old one.

It also kept all my Forscan changes through the update (boot logo, Sirius delete). It also finally enabled climate control on screen. I had turned everything on in Forscan years ago but for some reason it never worked, and now it does.

I did have to re-pair my phone with Android Auto, both after the update, and again after replacing the USB module.

So far so good, if I run into issues I'll be sure to post them.

This is the module I purchased that fits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082S7FL7G/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_WMArEb8X7WHBK
So, this one wasn't available any longer

I just bit the bullet and ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YX5237/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_ZbZLEbVMKF8GK

it had the same part number so I'm hoping that it's the same

also decided to just order a forscan cable anyway just in case there's any weirdness after I flash 3.4 (I'll have to borrow a laptop from someone b/c I don't actually own a computer but that shouldn't be an issue)

do you recommend flashing the software before or after installing the USB plug?

I just bit the bullet and ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YX5237/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_ZbZLEbVMKF8GK

also decided to just order a forscan cable anyway just in case there's any weirdness after I flash 3.4 (I'll have to borrow a laptop from someone b/c I don't actually own a computer but that shouldn't be an issue)

I hope that works for ya! let me know as I am interested in the same update.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #55

I replaced my plug after the upgrade.

So just updated mine Aswell !
Any one not getting climate controls on there’s?
Have 2016 model

So that one didn't fit, and lo and behold, the op's original link had one in stock. So back to waiting for me

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #58
So just updated mine Aswell !
Any one not getting climate controls on there’s?
Have 2016 model
Weirdly mine didn't have the climate controls before I upgraded, even though I had them enabled in Forscan, but after upgrading they magically showed up.