Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 head unit issues again at 120000 miles. Literally πŸ™

PunkST

2000 Post Club
On the 3 hour drive to my gf's my car first lost sattelite radio. No big deal i have some cds to listen to. Later on my phone kept randomly disconnecting and re connecting. And giving me an unable to support message repeatedly. Then i start losing my gps yet again. Made it to Gf's. Tried re syncing phone with no change and no luck.

Wondering if my head unit is on its way out. Really not going to be happy if it is.

On the 3 hour drive to my gf's my car first lost sattelite radio. No big deal i have some cds to listen to. Later on my phone kept randomly disconnecting and re connecting. And giving me an unable to support message repeatedly. Then i start losing my gps yet again. Made it to Gf's. Tried re syncing phone with no change and no luck.

Wondering if my head unit is on its way out. Really not going to be happy if it is.
The blutooth issue is common I think. Have you updated recently?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Not since the first update

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Is it possible the cable is bad for your phone?

I have issues all the time, but I just accept it for what it is technology. I always get it to work but sometimes it is finicky. Can't help with satellite radio I think it sounds like crap on this car so I don't have it.

I would do a master reset on sync 3 in the settings, and try a different cable.
I've had multiple issues with cables messing all sorts of stuff up.

I basically always have to plug in my phone twice for Android auto to turn on.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Is it possible the cable is bad for your phone?

I have issues all the time, but I just accept it for what it is technology. I always get it to work but sometimes it is finicky. Can't help with satellite radio I think it sounds like crap on this car so I don't have it.

I would do a master reset on sync 3 in the settings, and try a different cable.
I've had multiple issues with cables messing all sorts of stuff up.

I basically always have to plug in my phone twice for Android auto to turn on.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Cable only charges phone. I dont have android auto even though i have an android. (I dont like using my phone for nav and stuff. Lol)

Its a weird string of issues together thats got me a little worried the head unit is taking a dump.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Losing satellite radio and GPS for navigation suggest that there might be a problem with the satellite antenna or its connection.
I hope not. I just replaced it last year in the fall. Im trying ro get out of this car soon and have a decent trade in. Not sink more into it.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Let the car sit for a day or two. Upon startup everything seemed to be back to normal....
I be keeping an eye on it, hoping it isnt the apim getting too hot.

I have sync 2 and about twice a year it freezes and everything is unresponsive. I pull the fuse, replace it, it resets and everything is fine and back to working order. It’s something I’ve learned to live with.