Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 not working well. Odd issue

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So my nav is off by 10 miles. .

And my satellite radio is frozen. No audio at all when on satellite radio even with an up to date subscription. Cant scroll through anything. Car has 80k on it. And im getting real fed up with the mountain of small issues it has now. Im sorry to rant and seem like its always broken but i could use some help.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
Update: got satellite back after a couple key cycles but the nav is still way off.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Nav still not working. Been trying things all week. Please help

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Tried a system reset. And disvonnecting the battery, still the same ๐Ÿ˜’

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Good find. The 5.5 minute video has about two minutes worth of data. Select 1.5 or 2.0 playback speed.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Ill give it a shot. Thanks.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Well heres my nav problem. I habe no satellites in link, and my car is in the center of the earth according to the test settings. Kinda frustrating still. Its set up to auto download updates to the sunv system but something is wrong here.
20190509_005259_HDR.jpg

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Where is the port? The car came fully loaded new. For a couple days the arrow would move around but it was still way off where i was. Now it just sits stuck in one spot, lol. That was a couple weeks ago while ive been solving other issues with the car.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I have a 16 with sync 3. No port i guess.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Not that i can find. But it is a sync 3 with nav. The navigation has worked flawlessly until i first started this thread.

DEss

Where is the port? The car came fully loaded new. For a couple days the arrow would move around but it was still way off where i was. Now it just sits stuck in one spot, lol. That was a couple weeks ago while ive been solving other issues with the car.
Did 'solving other issues' involve the head unit? If so, you may have forgot to re-install the antenna? Or, maybe the antenna has gone bad. If you're still under warranty, maybe it's best to bring it a dealer to address (shitty option, I know).

DEss

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
My antenna for satellite radio/am/fm broke and i had to replace the base. But the gps antenna is in a different spot right? I didnt do anything with the head unit at all yet. Also fixed some parts clearance issues driving me batty and fpund mt check engine light source.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Really starting to hate this ford. Every time i turn around there are more problems. Its not like its wildly modified or 15 years old like my last one. If the dealer is gonna end up charging me full price i mah as well take the car and trade it for a used fr-s.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Where is the antenna for the gps system? Is it a part of the radio antenna assembly? It only had 2 connectors. Im trying to find answers so i can check things out (cant really be without my car at all) i keep getring different locations when i search it on google.

DEss

My antenna for satellite radio/am/fm broke and i had to replace the base. But the gps antenna is in a different spot right? I didnt do anything with the head unit at all yet. Also fixed some parts clearance issues driving me batty and fpund mt check engine light source.
Did your gps go out around the time you broke the antenna?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
No. It failed after i replaced it with an oem antenna base for a car with sync 3 and a new antenna.
As far as i know the only things that was hooked to was satellite radio, and am/fm

Ford Community Posts