Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 not working well. Odd issue

Map screen is back and still stuck. I can try a master reset again but i doubt its gonna fix anything. Im going to pull my headliner down, check my connections, and if they are good im going to habe to take it in. This is some bullshit how one simple repair has snowballed.
Did you get it sorted since May?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
I actually have an appointment at ford on nov 6th to see whats up with it. I think its a canbus communication issue. Which is a thing i dont have the tools or ability to repair as far as i know.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Bumping this with an update. After losing sleep for 2 days bringing it in and the dealer balking on their warranty ( had 100k warranty and it was reported within the milage) the new antenna base is ordered. Hopefully the correct part and hopefully it works. If not i will be livid. Getting nav back has been nothing but a massive hassle and everytime i go in they keep pressuring me to trade my car in for an suv. Might be in a bit of a mood due to lack of sleep. But still. This is the last time i let the dopes at this dealer do anything to it. And for sure the last fomoco product i buy.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You can take this how you want but losing sleep over this is stupid. I would just accept the fact that it doesn't work and not give a shit because it's not worth getting upset about. I'm not saying I wouldn't try to get it fixed but I wouldn't like bash my head up against the wall to do it. This is going to be the new normal with technology things are going to quit working. How many times do people replace a phone because something doesn't work it's kind of the same idea technology is going to be fail.
Take a chill pill go vape some CBD, and screw factory navigation systems.
The best thing I ever did in life to actually get any happiness was learning to just let shit go.

Don't take what I say the wrong way I'm just trying to give you a different perspective.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried to replace your blue FAKRA antenna? They're cheap enough for 10 dollars or so, and it plugs right in.
For us individuals who have done the SYNC 3 swap we have all had to buy the new FAKRA GPS antennas. All you need to do is pull off the plastic surround around your touchscreen, unplug the blue connector, and plug in the new GPS antenna and stick it anywhere under the plastic surround. Should only take like 15 minutes and cost like $10 bucks for the Blue FAKRA GPS antenna, they're pretty universal

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Have you tried to replace your blue FAKRA antenna? They're cheap enough for 10 dollars or so, and it plugs right in.
For us individuals who have done the SYNC 3 swap we have all had to buy the new FAKRA GPS antennas. All you need to do is pull off the plastic surround around your touchscreen, unplug the blue connector, and plug in the new GPS antenna and stick it anywhere under the plastic surround. Should only take like 15 minutes and cost like $10 bucks for the Blue FAKRA GPS antenna, they're pretty universal
Write up....write up....DIY.....DIY!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
You can take this how you want but losing sleep over this is stupid. I would just accept the fact that it doesn't work and not give a shit because it's not worth getting upset about. I'm not saying I wouldn't try to get it fixed but I wouldn't like bash my head up against the wall to do it. This is going to be the new normal with technology things are going to quit working. How many times do people replace a phone because something doesn't work it's kind of the same idea technology is going to be fail.
Take a chill pill go vape some CBD, and screw factory navigation systems.
The best thing I ever did in life to actually get any happiness was learning to just let shit go.

Don't take what I say the wrong way I'm just trying to give you a different perspective.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Im losing sleep because i work second shift. Thats the reason there. But i get what youre saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Im gonna try that if this factory replacement doesnt work. On the US spec cars the fakra is part of the radio antenna base ( at least thats how it is on my 16' ). And id rather not have a loose wire running from the dash to the hatch area if i can help it.

Write up....write up....DIY.....DIY!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWmBL23r4U

Here is a good video on the antenna and how to get into that dash area. That is the video I used when I was doing my swap. Around the 6:00 minute mark is when the gentleman goes over the antenna and mounting. For the antenna, I bought this unit and it has been working great:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R6NL5G6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im gonna try that if this factory replacement doesnt work. On the US spec cars the fakra is part of the radio antenna base ( at least thats how it is on my 16' ). And id rather not have a loose wire running from the dash to the hatch area if i can help it.
I would assume the new antenna base would probably do it, I was not aware that the fakra GPS was part of the antenna base. Learn something new every day! If it comes with the new antenna and that doesn't fix it, I'm not too sure the aftermarket one would make much of a difference. Either way, if the dealer is making you pay for the new antenna base, this would definitely be a cheaper option if you end up not minding the loose wire. It's very easy to get into the dash area and try it out. Of course, this is all assuming that this would be the fix for your issue.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
Thanka for the link. If this replacement doesnt do it. Ill check out this other part. And if i need to ill windsheld mount it like factory seeing as the headliner has the hole for it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So what was the wrong part? What was the right one so other peeps can know?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
The antenna base was the wrong part. Ill get the part # in a bit and update this post.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
Incorrect base # FM5T-19G461-BD

Correct base # G1BZ-18936-BA.

This is what fixed my particular issue. Others may vary. Either way thats one major issue solved. And im feeling way better about the car 🙂

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Incorrect base # FM5T-19G461-BD

Correct base # G1BZ-18936-BA.

This is what fixed my particular issue. Others may vary. Either way thats one major issue solved. And im feeling way better about the car [emoji846]
I'm so glad this issue is resolved for you....its been a pain the ass for you!