Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 not working well. Odd issue

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
My antenna was broken for 3 weeks. Gps functioned normally the whole time.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I no longer have the old base. I recycled it. ordered one for my car with nav just like how my car came from the factory. I used tasca to order it. If they fucked up im gonna be livid

DEss

I no longer have the old base. I recycled it. ordered one for my car with nav just like how my car came from the factory. I used tasca to order it. If they fucked up im gonna be livid
Well, if they sent u the wrong one, that might be preferable - since u just have to return the one they sent and have them send u the proper one. Another alternative is that u ordered the wrong one. In which case, they may or may not allow u to exchange it.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Thing is i have to take it off the car if i cant find the emailed receipt for the part. If its the right one does it need to be re calibrated to the car?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Ok the base i have is PN fm5z 18936 D
Which looks like it replaces all the other base variants if im reading things right.
Can someone double check that for me for a sync 3 system with nav.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
The base and antenna was all i touched. Didnt mess with anything else.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
There was only two connectors on my antenna.... Same as the orignal unit. And my sirius/ amFm work. Unless that third part is buried in the antenna base... Fords part diagrams arent the greatest to go off of. And ive yet to find a pic showing the location of the gps antenna portion

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
You think it might be possible that #3 in the picture could have worked loose? Other than that it might end up being a faulty Nav system. šŸ˜
Whats the part name for #3. I cant find that anywhere on tasca Ford's page.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Dang. Im going to keep digging and searching. Meanwhile im going to attempt the update to version 3 if thats whats available right now. Who know maybe that will solve it

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Screenshot_2019-05-10-20-28-07.png thats what i got searching the same thing.. Crazy.... Lol.

I would try to update it since it looks like you have the right base and if that doesn't work I would look at the cable #3 . I'm new to this Sync stuff so its just a process of elimination that I'm looking at.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Did the update and now. The nav system doesnt even load at all. :mad: its stuck spinning loading map. Like ive literally gone backwards.

Is there a system restart option or are you supposed to crank the car and let the updates sync up? If it's like satellite radio updating channels it could take a while . I have the all access package and if I'm driving through a dead zone it takes forever.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Map screen is back and still stuck. I can try a master reset again but i doubt its gonna fix anything. Im going to pull my headliner down, check my connections, and if they are good im going to habe to take it in. This is some bullshit how one simple repair has snowballed.