Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SYNC 3 Won't Work in Warm Weather?

So I'm having a very odd issue. My sync system is not working properly at all. First, it won't remember my phone in the Bluetooth settings so I have to repair it every time I start up the car. I also can't delete the currently saved phones from the previous owner. As soon as I turn the car off and on again, they re-appear after being "deleted/removed". Finally, the darn thing won't even turn on half the time. I noticed that it turns on like normal in the morning when the temp is cool and its been in the shade overnight. It also works fine if the temp in the car is cool (somewhere below 65 F). However, the majority of the time it just won't turn on until I've been driving for about an hour or so. I've tried updating sync, checking my fuses, resetting sync, unplugging my battery overnight. Any suggestions? It seems like I'm the only one having this problem.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
One sort of long shot cause that occurs to me is an old battery. People have reported a lot of strange electronic issues on here when their battery gets old.
Since Sync 3 didn't come in until the '16 model year, yours is probably not that old, but it still might be worth checking.

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
One sort of long shot cause that occurs to me is an old battery. People have reported a lot of strange electronic issues on here when their battery gets old.
Since Sync 3 didn't come in until the '16 model year, yours is probably not that old, but it still might be worth checking.
Yup. Someone here was recently having issues like that and a new battery fixed the issue.

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Quick update for anyone having similar issues. I checked the battery and all looked to be in good running order. I ordered a replacement APIM from an old fleet car and swapped them out. Works perfectly fine now so it seems like the problem was with the APIM unit the whole time.