Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync3 display pinout

does anyone have a pinout for the touchscreen for a 2017 FiST? I want to see what the differences are, and then print a new to bezel to retrofit the 8" screen from a focus or something, in the style of the new euro FiST

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #3
perfect, I've heard you can use any APIM, so I'm thinking the screens are the same. After I finish some power mods I'm going to pick up a unit from a junkyard to mock it up

Can't say they are all interchangeable, but similar. Curious to see how this goes. I like the mk8's dash setup, maybe this could move the screen closer for us if you can make it all work? Chances are the APIM is mounted separately from the screen, unlike our cars.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #5
I'll be 3D printing the entire section where the stock screen is, and I'd be lying if I didn't say the MK8 was an inspiration for this

You can use the 8" from any other Ford. I recently bought a Sync 3 Non-Nav APIM with Screen for my Flex (with the 8" Screen) and swapped over the FiST APIM since it's NAV. I honestly considered doing the same sort of the thing

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #7
You can use the 8" from any other Ford. I recently bought a Sync 3 Non-Nav APIM with Screen for my Flex (with the 8" Screen) and swapped over the FiST APIM since it's NAV. I honestly considered doing the same sort of the thing
will I have to do forscan edits? It's not a problem if I do, but I'm kinda thinking it will plug right in

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #9
This is sounding like a really simple project

Good luck on this! I'd love to see it completed. All of the Sync III screens should plug right into your APIM but you may have to make custom mounting hardware. The cable from the screen to the APIM is very short, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to mount the APIM in a different location within the dash. Might be easiest to attach the APIM to the screen and then create the bezel to wrap around both.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #13
Well, they sent me a sync2 display so the connection was completely different. Time to try again after returning this one