Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TAK's Build: MurderBean

TAK

DSCF7659.jpeg

2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST with Nav & Recaro seats

Motor:

Suspension/Handling:

Wheels/Tires:

Driveline:

Interior:
Exterior/Lighting:
DSCF7687.jpeg
DSCF7690.jpg
DSCF7682.jpeg
DSCF7668.jpg
DSCF7696.jpeg

Things I’d like to sooner than later:
  • Intercooler
  • Wheels
  • Maxton Design Lip & Rear Spoiler Extension
  • PowerFlex motor and Trans mount

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you EVER plan on upgrading the Turbo....Get a Bravoalpha Intercooler...I cant say it enough....ask those of us who have them. It will be the last intercooler you buy. Buy once cry once as ive been told and it holds true.[raceflag]

OP
TAK

TAK

Thread Starter #5
I drove my FiST for over two years and didn’t modify it. I was really happy with it and wanted to get a really good feel for what I wanted to change, I also wanted to wear down the tires a bit before I replaced the Pirelli’s that came on it.

I knew I wanted coilovers. The amount of adjustability was a huge draw, but to be honest I’ve never owned a set, I’ve always done springs/struts and this seemed like a great platform to spend a little extra on a nice set of coilovers as I planned on keeping the car for a while. I researched quite a bit and was on the fence between KW’s and MeisterR’s, (Fortune's weren't available at the time) but ended up finding a decent sale on KW V3’s so I went with those.

Again, first set of coilovers but out of the box I thought the the quality of the KW's was really high. I bought some OEM strut top hats and hardware from TASCA, pre-assembled the coilovers and made the install super smooth.
IMG_9459.JPG

Just incase anyone needs this, I couldn't find where (wasn't on the install sheet) this black bump stop/bushing was supposed to go so I called KW, should look like this:
IMG_9460.JPG

Front:
DSCF7646.JPG

DSCF7643.JPG

Rear's:
DSCF7645.JPG

Along with coilovers I wanted to add some bracing so I ended up getting getting the Mountune Strut tower brace (I've read the strut tower bar doesn't do much, or you can't feel much of a difference, on the ST but you know, it lets people that you've worked on the suspension [wrenchin]) and their lower chassis brace, which they don't offer either any more:
DSCF7655.JPG

Lower Chassis Brace:
IMG_3289.jpeg

After I got the ride hight dialed in, an alignment, a set of Michelin Pilot Sport a/s 3's, and the springs settled this is how the car sat:
DSCF7651.JPG

I’m super happy with the way the car handles now, I actually felt like the ride got better, even daily driving, which I wasn’t expecting. The OE suspension always felt over damped and a little harsh. The new suspension fixed wheel hop even without an upgraded RMM. I think my only complaint is if you want to adjust the ride height in the rear you have to pull the lower strut bolts and drop the twist beam to do it.