Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tapping wires for Boost Gauge

I got a quick question... I'm trying to wire up the 12+, IGN, GRD, and Illumination for my new boost gauge and trying to figure out how everyone else tapped their lines. I need some suggestions especially where to tap illumination line.

Thanks in advance!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Do a search on here for a radar detector or auto dimming mirror. Very detailed steps. Once i get to a pc i will post the link .

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
These wires can be found in the left kick panel.
Illumination is easy, just use a tail/parking light wire.
Ground of course is body so a self drilling screw will do.
If you can't find a switched 12 volt source that stays on during cranking, you could always tap into one of the emission fuses in the battery fuse box.

Dave

I would do what I did.

Extend the cables of the boost gauge and wire them into your fuse box. Use the "Add-a-Circuit" and I believe 2 amp fuses. Wire them up to corresponding fuses areas already in the car
- 12V +
- Ground
- Ignition
- Headlight DRL (to activate the dimming function of your boost gauge if it has one such as mine)

That should square you away. But you will have to run your wires from the engine compartment to your dash somehow.

If you check this thread here: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/230-Boost-Gauge You should be all set to go.
I plan to rewire everything I have when I get my new A-pillar back from custom work and my AP.

OP
chalituna
Thread Starter #6
I actually tapped all the wires for the time being, but I'm having this really weird glitch with my gauge. The gauge functions perfectly fine EXCEPT when the lights are on, the gauge start to blink from 50% to 100% and it's driving me crazy.

I tapped emission for IGN, other fuse for 12V constant, and tapped parking light wire by the headlight for the illumination. Something tells me it has to do with PWM or voltage is not stable in some of the wiring..