Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Little Devil

Taz

Right, I think it's time to start what I've been planning ever since I first saw the Molten Orange Fiesta ST last year. As soon as I saw it something just said it looks like a "little devil", especially after I saw everything you could do to it and the huge bhp you can get out of tuning the engine (up to 400 bhp!). The orange seats in the Molten Orange FiST made me even more determined to get that rather than something like Race Red. The company I bought mine from does a full bodywork and interior protection offer, so that got me thinking, Rather than starting with some purely aesthetic body mods I'll go for upgrades that are both there for looks and also protect the car from things like stone chips. Here's the very first personal pictures of my car that I took a few hours ago. Thankfully the sun was out so it also showed the metallic paint nicely.

Some of the first things on my list will be the Maxton Side Skirts Diffusers, Rear Side Diffusers, the Maxton Front Racing Splitter V.1. and the TRC Chin Lip. All of the Maxton stuff will be hydro dipped the car's eventual secondary colour, which will be a really dark red. Speaking of which, today I went to the local wrap company and had a look at the colours available. Upon comparing the options with my car I eventually decided that Oracal's "Gloss Purple Red" would be best as an alternative to the usual black.

Question is, what hydo dip would match best with that wrap?

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here are some ideas for you.
Or you may see things you might not want to do.

BTW: Check out the License.

View attachment 50356
View attachment 50357
Dave how much was it to ge the hatch all fitted up with glass and everything transplanted over? Thinking about going Carbon fiber hatch and Hood* NOT TRUNK!

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Dave how much was it to ge the hatch all fitted up with glass and everything transplanted over? Thinking about going Carbon fiber hatch and trunk
The hatch was about $800. installed.
It was cheaper to use new glass in the rear at about $150.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good to see you're going for something other than plain black for your secondary colour. I used to have a carbon bonnet almost identical to that on my Focus ST, and I know just how expensive they are! Your stripe is similar in design to the one I've got planned, where it follows the contours of the bonnet.

View attachment 50372
View attachment 50373

This is the sort of design I'm planning on for the stripes, only the primary colour will be the dark purply red and the pinstripes will be what's called "Gloss Liquid Copper". The mirrors will also be changed to the Gloss Liquid Copper as well.
View attachment 50374
I definitely want to see pictures of this once it's finished. It sounds like a cool and very unique design.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do the mounting nuts/bolts for those mud flaps protrude into the wheel well space at all?

Just a heads up if they do, like the Rally Armor ones do in the front application for our rides, since that WILL rub on an even 0.5" larger than factory diameter tire setup, even on factory suspension, let alone lowered at all.

I had to remove my Rally Armors due to that mounting nut rubbing on the shoulder/tread edge of my 205/50-16 Neo Gens mounted on 16x8, 40ET Dekagrams, despite being on factory suspension. [:(]

I am going to have to find a way to flat rivet the flaps into the plastic fender liner somehow if I ever want to use them with this diameter/width setup. [wink]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes, being someone who's always been attracted to custom cars and things like monster trucks that have themes incorporated into their designs, I'm working on that theme for everything I do to the car during customising. Even the race stripes and interior decor will have the "devil" theme in them, right down to the rearview mirror pendant that I've just ordered today.

View attachment 51645

It might only be a tiny and seemingly insignificant thing, but once everything is complete or nearing completion, then it will add that little touch to the whole effect of the car. When i saw the Molten Orange FiST, something just said "Little Devil", especially when I saw the staggering tuning possibilities you can do to it. I'm particularly impressed by the car's handling and how effortless and fun it is to drive. Now I actually do wish that I'd originally opted for the FiST instead of the Focus ST that I originally bought.
That's really cool. The FiST really is a fun car to drive.
I remember taking a roundabout hard with a couple of friends and they were astonished at what I could do with it.
They were laughing at how quick it all happened, and I was giggling, too. I said, "This car is such a little hoodlum," but "little devil" would have been just as accurate.
Looking forward to the final product.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got it back a couple of days ago. The TRC Chin Lip is so blended into the front you would hardly know it's there unless you see the badge!

View attachment 51978
View attachment 51985
View attachment 51979
View attachment 51980
View attachment 51981
View attachment 51982
View attachment 51983
View attachment 51984

Other than THIS and the obvious stripes I'm finished with the rear spoiler.
Very nice.
Also, I must say that two door Fiesta looks so good!

Oh, sorry, I forgot to answer the first bit. Because DD is an American company and it appears that it's hard to get hold of their stuff here, I'm almost certainly going to go for Autobeam LEDs. I just have to sort out exactly what I want from their stuff before I order anything.

Ford Fiesta - MK7.5 ST | 2013-2017 – Autobeam
I have been looking a Autobeam as well. They don't seem like a bad brand, but their foggers doesn't look like same standard as DD's.
But DD is possible to get in europe, but yes not as easy as AB: https://nemesisuk.com/collections/diode-dynamics https://www.velocity-group.de/en/diode-dynamics/

That SS-tunig wide body kit looks good on our little car ;)

Big project on those wheels. I'd say maybe keep them gloss black or gunmetal grey with a red accent, the other way might over saturate you car. Even with the crimson red being quite dark it could be just a tad too much Just my opinion ;)

I have been running Philips halogens for years and never been dissapointed. So I'd say go for it, can't go wrong with Philips.

An alternative to the H7 main bulbs I'd be looking at the OSRAM LEDriving HL Easy. They are direct fit and only 100 lumen less than the Ultinons. Color is mentioned to be 6500K and Ultinons 5800K max. Just a thought, not having to cut or modify or change your headlight caps.
https://www.osram.com/ecat/LEDriving HL EASY H7-H18-LEDriving HL EASY-LED high and low beam lamps-Car lighting-Automotive/com/en/GPS01_3836534/ZMP_4063386/

Remember to get the proper bulbs, that site autobulbsdirect, seem to include the reflector style headlight "sidelight". It won't fit your headlights as they are projector style and have LED DRL's.

Looking forward to see what you do with the wheels ;)

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
In response to M-Sport Fan's quote :- Just a heads up if they do, like the Rally Armor ones do in the front application for our rides, since that WILL rub on an even 0.5" larger than factory diameter tire setup, even on factory suspension, let alone lowered at all.
I have them fitted with stock sized wheels and tyres and my car is lowered quite a bit and have no problems with any rubbing at all. I only get rubbing at one particular spot on the 5 Fwy approaching Burbank but only on the rear wheel, driver's side. WEIRD!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm running 15mm spacers on my lowered car with stock tyres and BRAID wheels. I believe BRAID will do custom wheels as well. They are STRONG!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here it is. Thankfully, today we had some pretty decent weather with plenty of sunshine and no rain, perfect for taking pics. I guess these vents aren't to everyone's tastes and could look a tad silly, but this is only part of the job done, with the Revo 330 tuning job with big turbo still to come. Then the performance should match the looks. The vents will prove pretty useful, helping to keep the engine cool after it's tuned. With this in mind, I chose to have the vents placed further up towards the washers than a lot of people do, placing them over the engine. This is the only flame effect I'm going to do on the whole car. At some point I'm hoping to get yellow or orange LEDs shining out of the vents, almost certainly when I start fitting an LED kit to the engine bay.

View attachment 58182
View attachment 58183
View attachment 58184
View attachment 58185
View attachment 58186
View attachment 58187
View attachment 58188
View attachment 58189
View attachment 58191
View attachment 58190
View attachment 58192
View attachment 58193

I've been informed by the painter that the earliest he's got for appointments is November, which gives me some time to get the exhausts sorted out, as well as the Revo kit. I'll also be using this time to start looking for things to start doing inside, maybe sort out small jobs like my new custom gear knob, gear gaiter, and armrest cover, which I can order in pretty much whatever colours and materials I want.

Fiesta mk7 (ss-tuning.com)

Leather shift boot & steering wheel cover by RedlineGoods!

There's also a few small things to get done on the outside, like getting my new Orange Glow mirror caps dipped with THIS pattern, and I recently saw THESE. I've already got halos that double as indicators installed in front of the foglamps, so it'll be great if I can get the entire foglamp unit acting as indicators.
Those vents look like eyes, but I like them!