Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Creak, Rattle and other noise complaint thread

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Ok guys I've seen enough postings on the forum to warrant a noise report thread, so let's hear all your noise complaints.

• My driver side a-pillar is making a rattling noise that bothers the heck out of me. If I hold it down the noise goes away. This tends to happen while driving around the city than the highway. Anyone else with this problem?
  • Like another member posted, I'm also getting a slight air leak sound in the moonroof on windy days.

STooge

I know you said A-pillar here but I noticed a noise from the B-pillar, passenger side, turned out to be the seat belt twisted a bit rattling off the pillar.

I also noticed the other night I get a rattle from around the instrument cluster area, 5th gear, 35-40 MPG, just before 2k RPM, under slight acceleration, rattles like crazy, gonna try to nail where it is and get my Wife to record the noise with me, and make an appointment to get it taken car off

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I have the moonroof noise issue whenever I leave the shade open.

I have a B pillar rattle on the passenger side. I can't pinpoint it Ive tried holding parts while driving and it doesn't work. Driving me insane.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I get a small plastic vibration noise coming from the rear passenger area.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I have an annoying rattle somewhere on my middle to right side of dash. I for the life of me cannot pin point it. But I think its coning from in between the dash and windshield. Happens on bumpy roads.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
My dash problem is not a rattle but more of a sqeeking. Sounds like the dash and windshield rubs when theres turbulence.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
My front windows (mostly the drivers) rattles a lot if it isn't more then 1/4 the way down. Kinda annoying for a car that doesn't even have 4k miles yet

brighton

The drivers side seat makes a squeak after hitting any kind of bump, and around here with the frost heaves thats like every ten feet. Drives me nuts.

Lately I've been noticing a buzzing/rattling between my right hand side dash and b-pillar. Also I've heard a buzzing from the rear area...either my rear passenger panels, the rear wiper rattling, or my adjustable winshield wiper buzzing.

The issue with the rear passenger rattle only occurs during low rpm/load cicumstances.

Top of the left front interior door panel rattles like heck with the radio up much at all. Putting a couple strips of foam weatherstrip tape behind there tomorrow, aught to fix it.