Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Stanced Fiesta ST Showcase Thread

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
That looks tight. Makes me think about getting a set for my Oxford white. Not a huge selection of wheels for the 4x108 bolt pattern of our FiST. Gotta check the weight of these
Thanks. [:)] I weighed mine. All four weighed just under 20 pounds each (between 19.67 and 19.82 pounds). That's lighter than stock. [^]

alB5

http://store.wheeldude.com/18x9-5-rota-grid-hyper-black-4x108-e40-73.html

I realize it's a focus in the above picture, but does anyone think that they would have any luck running these wheels (18x9.5) on our little fiesta? or is this just for the camber bros that need to pull and stretch tires just to make the car move even at all? Really love these wheels, and can't find a set like these in 17's (4x108 grid "R" hyperblack) unfortunately.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #89
18x9.5 is way too wide, especially out front and if you are lowered.

I realize it's a focus in the above picture, but does anyone think that they would have any luck running these wheels (18x9.5) on our little fiesta? or is this just for the camber bros that need to pull and stretch tires just to make the car move even at all? Really love these wheels, and can't find a set like these in 17's (4x108 grid "R" hyperblack) unfortunately.

Original J-Pat

Just buy rota grids pretty similiar

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Our bolt pattern is very limiting in terms of wheel selection. Hopefully with the growing popularity of the FiST, manufacturers will take notice and start offering greater selection. At the very least something wider than 17x7. I want a 17x8 et40 or 35 preferably.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Our bolt pattern is very limiting in terms of wheel selection. Hopefully with the growing popularity of the FiST, manufacturers will take notice and start offering greater selection. At the very least something wider than 17x7. I want a 17x8 et40 or 35 preferably.
I somehow doubt it unfortunately. The FiST is a limited production vehicle. I've only seen 3-4 on the road since November of 2013. [:p] I'm actually kind of happy about that, but not the limited availability of aftermarket wheels. Someone should come up with a 5 lug conversion kit for our cars. heh.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Sadly even the popularity of the first gen Focus who shares the same wheel pattern as ours didn't increase the 4x108 wheel selections.
I somehow doubt it unfortunately. The FiST is a limited production vehicle. I've only seen 3-4 on the road since November of 2013. [:p] I'm actually kind of happy about that, but not the limited availability of aftermarket wheels. Someone should come up with a 5 lug conversion kit for our cars. heh.

My workaround for not having the right type of Rotas and being unable to afford TE37s were these:

Enkei EV5. I chose the bronze finish. I was debating on that or the silver, but decided on bronze. Came out pretty nice and I am certain if someone were to do an aggressive stance that they would look pretty damned good.

They are much lighter than stock and you add that with aluminum lug nuts, it really reduces some weight. Just be prepared for the aluminum to fade like no ones business and the paint wears out like crazy. Gonna go for some steel tuner styled ones next.
I originally truly wanted TE37s but the size I wanted was nearly impossible to get as well as stupidly expensive (I believe 3-5 grand for a used set due to rarity of size) and the ROTAs were on backorder farther out that I would wait. That and I haven't heard good things from the Grids. Seen too many pictures of them being cracked. So I decided on the EV5s. Closest thing without being weak or expensive. Sadly it's a 5-spoke and not a 6.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
i have seen 1or 2 cars on he "other" Fiesta site that are running a 4x100 conversion over in the U.K. but I'm not sure where they get the part or how much work is entailed. Think I'm going to google it and see if anything comes up. Will post findings.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The Fiesta is also sold in Taiwan and there it comes with 4x100.
The easy way would be to by four hubs, change them and re-drill the rotors.

BTW, the front and rear hubs on the FiST arte the same part.

Dave

C. love

Would this be an option?

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1287-Re-drilling-Hubs-and-Rotors-to-4x100-and-5x108!!!!!

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if it has been discussed already, sorry if it has.
This idk why more arent catching on to this.

I also firmly believe you can fit a 17x8-8.5 with the right offset. Now does this mean you will need to do some extra stuff? Maybe. By stuff I mean maybe rolling the front fenders, some very light stretching etc. I am sure some with complain but before you do let me say isn't this the stance thread where people are "into" these antics?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
This idk why more arent catching on to this.

I also firmly believe you can fit a 17x8-8.5 with the right offset. Now does this mean you will need to do some extra stuff? Maybe. By stuff I mean maybe rolling the front fenders, some very light stretching etc. I am sure some with complain but before you do let me say isn't this the stance thread where people are "into" these antics?
People already run 17x8 without issue and I wouldn't be surprised to see us going past that in time, even without much or any additional work. The main problem (for lack of a better word) is that there aren't that many members that are 'into' stance and even fewer that are willing do the math, and those that have done anything have been run off by the community for not being racecar (or just have better things to do). It all depends on the setup and components and with the right combination I'm sure people will eventually start finding the limits. Unfortunately, we just aren't at that level of interest yet.

Gun-Runner has been doing work in the Focus community for many years and I can't recall anyone ever having an issue with his work. For those wanting a hub conversion it is definitely a solid solution.