Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

The "PUFF" Effect

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
I'm starting to experience this...

What I mean is whenever I drive by a WRX/STI I get the needless revs and them mashing the gas. I call this the puff effect because it seems like they are puffing themselves up in front of us trying to look good.

Anyone else get this?

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Funny that you mentioned this but the exact same thing happened to me last month. I love it when they rev their engines just to make sure we know they have an aftermarket BOV.[histerical]

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #3
Funny that you mentioned this but the exact same thing happened to me last month. I love it when they rev their engines just to make sure we know they have an aftermarket BOV.[histerical]
I've had it happen 2 days in a row now... not sure if it's the same guy or not (both have been black STIs).
I'm finding it humorous [bootyshake]

Yes! Ironically when I was driving my old Audi I'd always get Mustang guys revving at me, now I seem to attract the import guys.