Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

There is a new Fiesta ST intercooler in town guys !!

SS, I looked at the dimensions of this cooler (Treadstone) a while ago and it *seemed* like it wouldn't fit without trimming. Is this true bolt on with no trimming?

EDIT: I just looked up the dimensions, I think it's too tall (7.8") to fit without some trimming. But prove me wrong and I'll be a happy camper :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
We will find out Thursday :)
I took the front bumper cover off to check out the stock cooler because at the time, no one had really looked at it on the forums. But I never removed it or fitted anything else.

So I will let everyone know Thursday night :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Actually, Hijinx maybe able to answer that... He did run it for a bit :)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
SS, I looked at the dimensions of this cooler (Treadstone) a while ago and it *seemed* like it wouldn't fit without trimming. Is this true bolt on with no trimming?

EDIT: I just looked up the dimensions, I think it's too tall (7.8") to fit without some trimming. But prove me wrong and I'll be a happy camper :)
It's a tight fit but there's no trimming involved. Like others you have to remove that middle support bracket.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So its "based" on the TR8 core which has 10 rows and this one has 8 rows so it won't be as wide I think.
This post inspired me to count rows on the intercoolers. I've made a terrible mistake and this a formal apology. I mistakenly informed SS that it was a TR8 core, when its in fact a TR6. A good amount of time had gone by between the initial purchase, fitting, testing and such, so I had a brain slip. I was confident that it was a TR8 and hadn't even thought of the TR6. On the bright side you can expect an even lower price in addition to what I've reported above and now you know for sure that it will fit.

Again, my apologies all and most importantly, forgive my mistake SS. There were no ill-intentions involved.

This post inspired me to count rows on the intercoolers. I've made a terrible mistake and this a formal apology. I mistakenly informed SS that it was a TR8 core, when its in fact a TR6. A good amount of time had gone by between the initial purchase, fitting, testing and such, so I had a brain slip. I was confident that it was a TR8 and hadn't even thought of the TR6. On the bright side you can expect an even lower price in addition to what I've reported above and now you know for sure that it will fit.

Again, my apologies all and most importantly, forgive my mistake SS. There were no ill-intentions involved.
duty_calls.png

Lower price FTW.

Hahahaa great picture. The thing i take away from this thread is that cobb is better but more expensive. But bang for buck this is closer to levels which right now is on sale for 450 maybe less i dont remember. So if the price point is good for the panda its still a very good intercooler for the money.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My first IC was good and I had bed rolled, 90's welded on.

My current IC is a Mishimoto J Line and I am using couplings and elbows and blew the hot side one off twice even though I sanded and glued it but I was using a good but not Tbolt clamp.

I then used a small crescent wrench with the jaws just opened enough and worked my way around the end bending it up slightly and with the lower weight but good hose clamp it has not moved at over 26PSI. This is actually a very good method as in the inlet side it flares it a bit for better air flow than one left straight and bead rolled;)

I need to order some 90's in to have welded on but I am going to practice on scrap stuff to see if I can do it with my brand new spool gun I have had for a year and not taught myself to use yet.

All that said, the above method works just fine:)

Looks like a nice size IC, bigger is better but by now many know I am anal about weight but when a hot day on track, lap after lap...those of us that do so need a pretty big IC.

And this one is easier to install than the Mishimoto I have.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Bigger is not always better, core design has a HUGE part in how well it works. Personally I would rather take a smaller lighter core with better efficiency then a larger heavier one. All that weight is slung out on one of the worst possible areas of the car to have weight.

Not saying this one is either, just in general.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have to agree, why I have yet had ends welded on. (I should of said bigger is better if it is a good unit and more cooling is needed)

If somebody does some serious testing and a lighter core can do all I need I would get one even if pretty expensive.

I might even just do a bit of this myself, practicing with my spool gun to see if I can weld that thin of material, if I have a shop long enough, once my place sells I will be RVing for awhile, maybe a very long while and no shop to play in until we buy another place.