Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

These FiST's are a hot commodity

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Other than a Miata or BRZ, nothing is really going to match the FiST for smiles per gallon. I've come close to 40 mpg a few times with the FiSTs I owned. That said, like all turbo cars, economy in the city sucks.

The Stinger beats the EPA ratings pretty easily. I get around 26-27 mpg on the highway in normal driving (which is not slow). It's not amazing, but it's decent for what it is. If you want the power and the comfort, that's the price you pay. The 3.3TT is a sweet engine that happily revs and doesn't seem to have any turbo lag, so it's hard to stay light on the go pedal.
I have no clue how you get such good fuel mileage. The best the fiesta has ever got was maybe 35 at the very best.
The G70 is on the same platform as the Stinger and it weighs a couple hundred pounds less. I have definitely not got any thing close to 27.
You have some magical gas.

I average 30 miles per gallon overall in the fiesta, and I average 20 overall in the G70. I don't live in the city, I'm not in stop and go traffic, I don't live on a mountain and I don't have to climb hills.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have no clue how you get such good fuel mileage. The best the fiesta has ever got was maybe 35 at the very best.
The G70 is on the same platform as the Stinger and it weighs a couple hundred pounds less. I have definitely not got any thing close to 27.
You have some magical gas.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Getting close to 40 was only on the factory tune. Cobb's tunes were crap for economy (safe fueling I guess). Dizzy's got the closest to factory economy. Same route down I-95 through to Richmond in the FiST would see anything from 35-37 mpg on Dizzy's tune. The Stinger has been more or less what I expected. Around 18-20 city, easily 25+ mpg on the highway. Definitely costing me more in fuel, but that's a trade I'm willing to make for the comfort and ease with which it demolishes highway miles. The Miata offsets it nicely with its "never below 30" economy.

Back on the topic: here in NoVA they've just about disappeared from the market entirely. There's just four within 100 miles that I can find right now, and one appears to be a former Octane Academy car: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=581538430

Fiestig

I have thought of getting a third if the opportunity knocks. I am going to take FiST #1 to See FiST #2 in Vegas on Monday. I wish my 16yr old would get his license already so if I find something I can just throw him in it to bring it home

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

This is the main reason I sold my 2nd FiST for a Stinger. I loved the car when I was out in the hills, but more often that not I was taking my Miata on those drives. So the FiST was mostly doing highway duty, which it never really was great at. Nothing against the car, I just wasn't using it for its designed purpose. Better to pass it on to someone else to enjoy.
Miata may be my next car if/when something happens to my FiST.

A few of the reasons i love this car are the utlity and size. These things fit in to parking spaces very few other cars can, with the seats folded down it can carry quite a bit if kit,with four doors it's easy to move kids / adults for short periods of time,they handle pretty damn well, have enough power to scoot through traffic, get great mileage, stereo and bluetooth work well. Show me another car that can do all that with 197/197 for under 20k.

Miata may be my next car if/when something happens to my FiST.
They can't daily like a FiST (they're a lot better at it than you would think), but it's still in production, unlike the FiST. That and they're just as cheap to own and operate (cheaper, in some ways). I made the mistake of trading away a '16 ND1 a while back. I won't be making that mistake with the '19. Especially not with as rare as good slow-car-fast options are becoming.

A few of the reasons i love this car are the utlity and size. These things fit in to parking spaces very few other cars can, with the seats folded down it can carry quite a bit if kit,with four doors it's easy to move kids / adults for short periods of time,they handle pretty damn well, have enough power to scoot through traffic, get great mileage, stereo and bluetooth work well. Show me another car that can do all that with 197/197 for under 20k.
Close as I can get is a used Hyundai Elantra GT. Not as sharp as a FiST for handling, but I looked at those for a long time before buying my '15 FiST. Also just as rare now, because nobody is buying a hatch unless it's on stilts.

When in December I started searching for a FiST in a 150 mile radius from me there were about 35 for sale. They sell at an average of 4 weeks and now there are only 13 available. Carvana prices are around 18k and they sell before the pictures are even posted! Crazy moment to be on the market to buy one.

The entire used market has been insane over the past 6 months. My nephew traded his truck for a FiST and they put way more money in the truck than I expected. Took him a while to find the FiST and settled for one without Recaros because none were available.

I keep looking to see what's out there and any decent mileage examples are essentially the price I paid for my 2017 new.

OP - did you buy yet or still looking?