Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things You didn't like about FiST

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Ah two usb hubs right under the arm rest cover in your center console cubby lol, it even has convenient notch to run cables through so you can close the arm rest cover.
Just saying lol
It’s based off a fricken economy car you guys act like its supposed to be some kind of luxo ride. Lol
Seriously its got power windows! Your lucky.
Ah, the JUST SAYING.... The Urban Dictionary website explains that the phrase makes it "possible to deliver a rude comment or burn and have it bounce off simply as an opinion disguised as an objective opinion, and who can argue with you over an opinion that you don't apparently support."
https://www.npr.org/2010/12/18/132160770/its-rude-its-crude-its-stupid-just-sayin
---------------------
Based upon your statement, you did not fully read my post. I did say above: "no usb there, only arm rest box" I talk in shorthand sometimes.... the longer-versioned message is " there are no usb jacks there, only in the arm rest cubby area." (The arm rest cubby are would be the same as the arm rest cover in the center console.) My definition of the center console is the one on the dash; however, that has changed over the years. see below.

I didn't act anything. I simply answered the question. I litereally just thought of the little things and started listing them. No malice, no whining, no nothing. Tone, intent and behaviour is just like a poem or book...placed there by the reader. Even my duh's and dur's...in what fashion did I mean them when I typed them? That is a big problem with texting, email and social media....no clear understanding of what true state of mind the sender is in. Nor the intent.

As far as economy...we bought them because they are less expensive.

according to wikipedia...
(The center console in an automobile refers to the control-bearing surfaces in the center of the front of the vehicle interior.
The term is applied to the area beginning in the dashboard and continuing beneath it, and often merging with the transmission tunnel which runs between the front driver's and passenger's seats of many vehicles.

Traditionally, vehicles with a gear stick have placed this control where the two areas of console and tunnel merge, or at the rear-most end of the console in front-wheel-drivevehicles without transmission tunnels. In some modern vehicles – particularly vans – the gear stick is mounted in the front, more vertical part of the center console to be within better reach of the driver without requiring a long stalk mounted on the steering column.

Increasingly, center consoles include a wide variety of storage compartments and cupholders, some of them with a refrigerator,[1] in addition to the more traditional use as purely a surface for instrumentation (e.g., outside temperature display) and controls (car audio).
-------------------------------
from the interwebby, a series of pipes...lol:
In addition to being hard to find, bare-bones cars just aren't that desirable, even among those who swear they "just want basic transportation." Often "basic" means sans air conditioning, power windows and a radio.
Power windows sounds like a luxury until you picture yourself reaching from the driver's seat across the car to hand-crank the passenger-side window.

-------------------

Having said all this, all that really matters is I answered the question without being concerned of the OP's intent. WHY did he ask the question? What was he going to do with answers? I don't care. It wasn't relevant. He asked a simple question without any qualifiers and I simply answered it. Mission accomplished.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ah, the JUST SAYING.... The Urban Dictionary website explains that the phrase makes it "possible to deliver a rude comment or burn and have it bounce off simply as an opinion disguised as an objective opinion, and who can argue with you over an opinion that you don't apparently support."
https://www.npr.org/2010/12/18/132160770/its-rude-its-crude-its-stupid-just-sayin
---------------------
Based upon your statement, you did not fully read my post. I did say above: "no usb there, only arm rest box" I talk in shorthand sometimes.... the longer-versioned message is " there are no usb jacks there, only in the arm rest cubby area." (The arm rest cubby are would be the same as the arm rest cover in the center console.) My definition of the center console is the one on the dash; however, that has changed over the years. see below.

I didn't act anything. I simply answered the question. I litereally just thought of the little things and started listing them. No malice, no whining, no nothing. Tone, intent and behaviour is just like a poem or book...placed there by the reader. Even my duh's and dur's...in what fashion did I mean them when I typed them? That is a big problem with texting, email and social media....no clear understanding of what true state of mind the sender is in. Nor the intent.

As far as economy...we bought them because they are less expensive.

according to wikipedia...
(The center console in an automobile refers to the control-bearing surfaces in the center of the front of the vehicle interior.
The term is applied to the area beginning in the dashboard and continuing beneath it, and often merging with the transmission tunnel which runs between the front driver's and passenger's seats of many vehicles.

Traditionally, vehicles with a gear stick have placed this control where the two areas of console and tunnel merge, or at the rear-most end of the console in front-wheel-drivevehicles without transmission tunnels. In some modern vehicles – particularly vans – the gear stick is mounted in the front, more vertical part of the center console to be within better reach of the driver without requiring a long stalk mounted on the steering column.

Increasingly, center consoles include a wide variety of storage compartments and cupholders, some of them with a refrigerator,[1] in addition to the more traditional use as purely a surface for instrumentation (e.g., outside temperature display) and controls (car audio).
-------------------------------
from the interwebby, a series of pipes...lol:
In addition to being hard to find, bare-bones cars just aren't that desirable, even among those who swear they "just want basic transportation." Often "basic" means sans air conditioning, power windows and a radio.
Power windows sounds like a luxury until you picture yourself reaching from the driver's seat across the car to hand-crank the passenger-side window.

-------------------

Having said all this, all that really matters is I answered the question without being concerned of the OP's intent. WHY did he ask the question? What was he going to do with answers? I don't care. It wasn't relevant. He asked a simple question without any qualifiers and I simply answered it. Mission accomplished.
Lol ok

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I am just so surprised that this car has so many faults according to the members here.
However, I am also sure that almost no one got the FiST for free.
Not all are faults....... the OP stated:

Things You didn't like about FiST

I have to assume the tense is not correct. Regardless, it was not "what are the faults of the FiST". I can't believe people are commenting on our comments, but after scrolling up and reading some other answers, I see something obvious. I answered the question with barely any editorializing or color commentary. A duh here and grr there and a "seriously?"

You know this already Dave......What I don't like will be something another owner likes.... and that may be what the OP wanted to see. IRT my comment to dpro, what was OP's intent? Who cares. I kept it simple. Clear. Concise. And my last sentence must not have carried any weight...I love my FiST!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
If needed, to prove my love for my Fiesta ST, I'll post a pic or a yt video of me humping my FiST! Car, that is....

The short 1st gear would probably be my biggest complaint. I feel like I'm pissing off the person behind me every time I leave a stop light. It's even worse when the engine is still cold because I refuse to rev it up until the oil is good and hot. I guess I could also complain about the interior feeling cheap but that's not really valid when factoring in the price. Beyond those two quibbles, I've been very happy with it! The power-to-weight ratio is perfect, it handles like it is on rails, and it gets great gas mileage. What more could you ask for?

Short first gear, no auto passenger window and the fact that my blend door actuator went before I had the car for 6 months. Love it otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bringing back an oldy from the dead. How has no one mentioned the absolute evil that happens every time you turn on the heater?! Why the fu.. does it have to blow cold air on you for 30 seconds before it cycles to heating. Every f...ing time! Is it just mine?

Ford Community Posts