Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things you dislike about your Fiesta ST...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
This is purely subjective but after a year of ownership, here is my list.

1. The steering wheel stitching, it hurts my thumb. I wonder if the Focus ST steering wheels swaps right in..

2. Not dislike, but wish more lumber support on the Recaros.

3. Cheap plastic trim on the lower half of the dash and door panel.

4. 2 switches for operating the sunroof...

5. Washer fluid sprayer too strong? Always gets my driver side window wet.

6. No hood strut (granted it can be remedied)

7. Media touch screen reach is a bit far.

8. Random rattles in the trunk area.

9. Cheap looking/feeling HVAC controls.

10. No factory HID option.

Share your dislikes!

The shifter sits too low and to far forwards. I dislike the red calipers, i want to upgrade to bbk and get black.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
When its freezing cold outside and inside the car, when I flip on the "max defrost" button, it sprays me in the my freezing cold face with freezing cold air for like 10 seconds before fully switching to defrost.

Its still funny right now, but its only been 12 months. In 48 months, I'm gonna be like WTF !!

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
The shifter sits too low and to far forwards. I dislike the red calipers, i want to upgrade to bbk and get black.
The shifter extension might remedy that for you! Black spray paint is cheaper then BBK lol :)

So does anybody else have a problem with the heat/ac? The temp will read 75 but blow out super hot air. If I get it below 72 its cold but 73+ its super hot. Also my window lock button doesn't seem to work.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
My damn clicking clutch that still isn't fixed. The random rattles from the driver's and passenger's side A pillars. Lack of lumbar support.

That's about it though. To be honest the rattle thing wouldn't be a big deal if I also didn't have the clutch problem to deal with. The combination of the two is annoying though.

The rattling problem is common on a lot of cars in this price range and on up to 30k. Unfortunately. :(

Stock speakers are awful compared to my previous focus.

No projector headlights from the factory.

Watered down version of the MyFord Touch.

cxwrench

Paint.
Rev hang when shifting.
I still don't think the pedal position is that bad but I'm probably going to try the Active Shift Design spacer anyway.

On the rare occasion of a sunny day in England, with the right angle of the sun, the sun reflects off the silver trim on the steering wheel and it shines right in my eyes. Pretty annoying when you're driving.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
No stock mechanical boost gauge is pretty silly as well... I mean... Its a sport sub-compact that runs upto 21psi stock, a boost gauge would go a long way with selling the car to ricer kids, and it would be nice for the guys that would actually use it for more than dash art as well :)

-Cheaply built (I have little random plastic pieces that keep falling off.....)
-No "real" race seats. The Recaros, to me personally, are not worth the $2000 upgrade. They look and feel like slightly more bolstered stock Fiesta seats. Put in some real race seats (i.e. WRX Sti's, Evo's, etc.)
-Steering wheel thickness. Make the wheel thicker or shorten the diameter a tad. The wheel from my 135i was F-ing perfect.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Steering ratio is too high, as in too many turns needed from lock to lock. Makes the steering slow to respond, for me anyway.