Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things you dislike about your Fiesta ST...

Well this is good to finally know. Will this let me text from Sync on my iPhone too?
Yes, however SYNC will only let you read and compose messages if you're stopped; while driving it will read them to you. To send new messages I typically just use Siri. You can use her fully hands free, including initiating it by saying "hey Siri"

To turn on this you go to General, Siri, Allow "Hey Siri"

Thanks for that tip. Not sure if that will be as annoying as the "Hey Siri" feature on the iPhone. I was messing with it this morning, and I see it will send canned messages while driving and I think you can add custom canned messages. I'm going to have some fun with that one. [deviltail]

I also noticed it will recognize commands other than the typical robot inputs like "text message." Like it will respond to "read me that text."

You were talking about hey Siri. Sync, Siri. I got confused in my coffee less state this morning.

antarctica24

#1 This car has the worst brakes from any car from any factory.
Pads still not available after 1 year. Dealership does not have and have not had pads. Pads wore at 30,000, 50,000 and 75000 miles. I had to go to Amazon to get rotors and pads. O-Rileys claimed to have pads and have them listed as Fiesta 2014 ST pads. but they are the pads for the standard Fiesta. When asked about it, they say they got there part numbers from Ford. So I call Ford and run it up the chain, they say they have it right but the pads don't fit on stock calipers.

The pads when wearing wear completely flat to the inside on both sides of the car and the rear. I finally swapped them out to wildwood brakes.

#2, Piece of Poo Sync system. I am in and out of the car everyday about 10-14 times. This is a programming problem with the way Sync was made and functions with the ipod. What they are doing is everytime the car is turned on, the car is searching the USB ports for a device. When it finds the Ipod it creates an index loading the song names, and artist and file location into a memory buffer (this is why they tell you that it can only have so many files on a device). What it is not doing is clearing the buffer that was already there when the car as on only a minute ago. So what happens is it keeps creating new buffers and finally fills the buffer up to where you cannot even make phone calls through voice command. I have had several conversations with tech support over at Ford and even up the food chain, they don't care. So I have to do a system reset about once a week.

#3, No way to navigate Sync menus through steering wheel

#4, everytime I fill this car up, it makes massive adjustments to the timing, everytime. It does not matter whose Gas I use, Exxon, Shell, BP, Costco.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Actually, I have found something I dislike. I dislike that mine is a little black car. Many people DO NOT seem to notice me on the road. I think because of our size many also underestimate how fast we're going. This isn't so much a problem with the car as it is a problem with poor drivers.

#1 This car has the worst brakes from any car from any factory.
Pads still not available after 1 year. Dealership does not have and have not had pads. Pads wore at 30,000, 50,000 and 75000 miles. I had to go to Amazon to get rotors and pads. O-Rileys claimed to have pads and have them listed as Fiesta 2014 ST pads. but they are the pads for the standard Fiesta. When asked about it, they say they got there part numbers from Ford. So I call Ford and run it up the chain, they say they have it right but the pads don't fit on stock calipers.

The pads when wearing wear completely flat to the inside on both sides of the car and the rear. I finally swapped them out to wildwood brakes.

#2, Piece of Poo Sync system. I am in and out of the car everyday about 10-14 times. This is a programming problem with the way Sync was made and functions with the ipod. What they are doing is everytime the car is turned on, the car is searching the USB ports for a device. When it finds the Ipod it creates an index loading the song names, and artist and file location into a memory buffer (this is why they tell you that it can only have so many files on a device). What it is not doing is clearing the buffer that was already there when the car as on only a minute ago. So what happens is it keeps creating new buffers and finally fills the buffer up to where you cannot even make phone calls through voice command. I have had several conversations with tech support over at Ford and even up the food chain, they don't care. So I have to do a system reset about once a week.

#3, No way to navigate Sync menus through steering wheel

#4, everytime I fill this car up, it makes massive adjustments to the timing, everytime. It does not matter whose Gas I use, Exxon, Shell, BP, Costco.
#1 - I love the brakes. Car stops great. I see no reason to upgrade unless you track the car. Hawk does have the new HPS 5.0 and Street / track pads available for the front. I normally get my brake stuff from KNS. I've got 21,000 miles on the car in 7 months and no problems yet.

#2 - I had a 2012 with the original sync system and it was really bad. The new system is so much better and I have had very few problems with it. It's great compared to the system in my Wife's 14 XV. I have my iPhone 6 hooked up all the time with over 30GB of music and have no issues with it indexing files. I did have problems with my 60GB ipod (it was older version), so I put all my music on my iPhone and that resolved them.

antarctica24

#1 - I love the brakes. Car stops great. I see no reason to upgrade unless you track the car. Hawk does have the new HPS 5.0 and Street / track pads available for the front. I normally get my brake stuff from KNS. I've got 21,000 miles on the car in 7 months and no problems yet.

#2 - I had a 2012 with the original sync system and it was really bad. The new system is so much better and I have had very few problems with it. It's great compared to the system in my Wife's 14 XV. I have my iPhone 6 hooked up all the time with over 30GB of music and have no issues with it indexing files. I did have problems with my 60GB ipod (it was older version), so I put all my music on my iPhone and that resolved them.
Ok my bad what I should have said was brakes work great right up to the point when they were out. You only have 21000 on your car your not there yet. I hope ford has the inventory problem fixed before you need them crossroads ford here has had them on order for a year.

Regarding sync if your not turning the car on and off 10 times or more a day you wouldn't notice oh yeah and I have an iPhone 6 plus with 128gb sync will not play tunes from ththe phone unless I use Bluetooth if I plug it in it will not work and there is no fix from either Apple or ford mine is a 2014 the at was not available in 2012 so not sure what your talking about

Second to what [MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION] said. Rockauto does have motorcraft pads in stock, a good bit cheaper than from Ford as well.

As for the fuel issue, do you see the same thing at QT? It's the only place I fill up (when in town) and have had no issues with timing being pulled, almost always advanced. Not sure what area of town you're in, but I can suggest the QT on S. Tryon by Ayrsley, it's my go to spot. If you end up having timing pulled from a clean fill up from there, then I really would have the car looked at as that's a known good fuel station.

antarctica24

Still a problem with your car.
I go that part the purpose of the thread was to list things you didn't like about the car I didnt see anything or ask anyone for assistance. The timing is adjusting itself based on the type of fuel I put in the car I have just never noticed a car doing that before.

antarctica24

Www.rockauto.com seems to have a large selection of pads for the FiST. Pricing in not that bad but not sure how they compare to OEM.
I would call and confirm the part number with the part number ford has for the pads. The dealership here in raleight both as a matter of fact have had pads on order for over a year. My car was the first in the area to cross the 30,000 mile mark and first to 87,000. The autozones and the like say they have them but the pads are for the regular fiesta. The ones they have won't fit.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I go that part the purpose of the thread was to list things you didn't like about the car I didnt see anything or ask anyone for assistance. The timing is adjusting itself based on the type of fuel I put in the car I have just never noticed a car doing that before.
You're not seeing the difference between "problem" and "dislike."

Etyrnus

I'm in NC as well, and run either Costco or Sheetz gas, premium only. Never had an issue with it pulling timing, only adjustments have been on the positive side. Are you running regular grade?

I would call and confirm the part number with the part number ford has for the pads. The dealership here in raleight both as a matter of fact have had pads on order for over a year. My car was the first in the area to cross the 30,000 mile mark and first to 87,000. The autozones and the like say they have them but the pads are for the regular fiesta. The ones they have won't fit.
Not to derail the thread too much, the ones (Motorcraft) from Rockauto absolutely will fit the ST as i'm running them currently. I agree they do wear out fairly quick, had to replace them right at 20k miles, same as the tires.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The thing that has me just really P-oused lately? When I have the key fog in my pocket and i'm in the car. I turn the car off and exit. Then I go to get something out the back driver side door and its locked still !!! Now my options are.... Put everything in my hands down to remove my keys from my pocket, or reach 100% back into the car to hit the lock/unlock button twice to open the rear doors. If i was 5'2" and 130lbs, it would not be such an issue, but.... I'm 6'2" and 220lbs. So reaching into the tiny cockpit to hit a buttom all the way in the middle of the dash is a pita with a laptop, access tuner, pair of shoes, and mt. Dew in my hands, lol.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
no need to reach back into the cockpit. the little button on the door handle will also lock/unlock as long as the fob is near.
This guy is correct. Although I locked my keys in my ride once by hitting the unlock button from outside the car, on the center console. I never use that button from now on. Don't trust myself. Ha.