Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things you dislike about your Fiesta ST...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
This guy is correct. Although I locked my keys in my ride once by hitting the unlock button from outside the car, on the center console. I never use that button from now on. Don't trust myself. Ha.
That's odd because I've tried, intentionally, to lock my keys in the car that way.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's odd because I've tried, intentionally, to lock my keys in the car that way.
I don't know how it did it, but I was very surprised when it happened. Haha.

I always keep them in my pocket or bag now and just use the little button on the handle, unless somebody is in the car with me.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I don't know how it did it, but I was very surprised when it happened. Haha.

I always keep them in my pocket or bag now and just use the little button on the handle, unless somebody is in the car with me.
Weren't you at 5-guys getting food? Lol

I hate how crappy and thin our paint is and that its failing/peeling off on pretty much everyone's ST in the same exact spots. Grinds my gears since i work in that line of work.

Boro

I hate how crappy and thin our paint is and that its failing/peeling off on pretty much everyone's ST in the same exact spots. Grinds my gears since i work in that line of work.
Where does the paint tend to peel on these cars? Mine is only 6 months old but I would like to keep an eye out and prevent what I can.

Where does the paint tend to peel on these cars? Mine is only 6 months old but I would like to keep an eye out and prevent what I can.
Look at your headlights where they come to a point at the front, right at the point youll see a edge just behind the headlight, mine peeled there.

Also theirs peeling thats happening on the hatch area when you open it its on the underside of where you put your hand to open it.

i dont have a picture of the other spot atm but its there.. and i think theirs even 1 more spot we found common on our cars that peels cant remember where tho.

not much you can do to stop unprepped areas from paint peeling off.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Look at your headlights where they come to a point at the front, right at the point youll see a edge just behind the headlight, mine peeled there.

Also theirs peeling thats happening on the hatch area when you open it its on the underside of where you put your hand to open it.

i dont have a picture of the other spot atm but its there.. and i think theirs even 1 more spot we found common on our cars that peels cant remember where tho.

not much you can do to stop unprepped areas from paint peeling off.
This is another example of a problem. It would be wise to take Ford up on some warranty work.

This is another example of a problem. It would be wise to take Ford up on some warranty work.

i doubt ford would give me a rental to touch up the multiple areas around my 20k car.

plus i can only take it in on a weekday to get the spots looked at then taken in. I work 8-5 all week. Ford closes by then.

Not worth me taking time off work to take my car in for work that will leave me carless.

i doubt ford would give me a rental to touch up the multiple areas around my 20k car.

plus i can only take it in on a weekday to get the spots looked at then taken in. I work 8-5 all week. Ford closes by then.

Not worth me taking time off work to take my car in for work that will leave me carless.
That spot is the exact spot that I am also having some paint issues on. I thought it was because I took the light off and I did it somehow, but now I know better. Darned shitty pain.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I would go to Ford about it seriously. I've lost count of how many times I've taken my headlights out over the last year. Just the last month I've had them three or four times, and I've got no paint chipping there.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I would go to Ford about it seriously. I've lost count of how many times I've taken my headlights out over the last year. Just the last month I've had them three or four times, and I've got no paint chipping there.
Ditto. That's a mistake on the paint prep. Ford will fix that under warranty. It would be well worth the time to call and make an appointment for them to see it, and tell them it needs to be a time when they can supply a rental if that ends up being the case because you can't come in on/off everyday do to work. You can also drop it off and put keys in the drop box at the dealer to leave it with them.

But I know where your at, my sync stopped working a week ago. I took it in and they made me wait for 20min to even speak to someone, then asked me to make an appointment to confirm the radio didn't work. I'm like, "you can stick your head in the car and see it doesn't work, I just want it on record because its only under warranty for another 8k miles. He said, "its like going to the doctor, sometimes you just have to take time off to make an appointment. I said , "no... I actually more sometimes, you just have to take your car to a different dealer to get service", and I left. I hate dealerships, most people do, and then they wonder why.

rexdriver85

Really glad I saw this. Mine is a week old and has a small chip on both sides in the same spot. Identical. Looks like a poor paint job at the factory.

SPhilli911

Only on day 3 with the FiST, but I can agree with some of the things in here.

My biggest complaint is how quiet the car is, but that's not really a fault and I can fix that.
The heated seat doesn't seem hot enough.
Visability is ok to me. No serious blind spots, at least theyre better than my brother's GTI.
When syncing my phone with bluetooth a 911 warning always pops up. Maybe I can turn that off though, I haven't looked at the manual.
I wish the shifter was a bit more mechanical feel, but I suppose that's expected in a new car. I'm used to the STI's clicking into place.
The windsheild seems to rock chip easy, I've already got a nice little crack this morning.
The car is adorable.

That gap between the window channel and the rubber window trim catches leaves like no tomorrow.

The body panels are pretty thin. If you swing the door open all the way you can see where it flexes near the mounting bracket.

One new thing for me now that it's warmer out and I can drive with the windows down. The lack of passenger side express up/down window. Even my 2000 Saturn had that.