Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

think I'm leaking oil. So how do I go about setting up a warranty service appointment?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I keep finding little spots of oil in my parking stall and I cleaned up all the oil spots of my V70R after I got rid of it.

it doesn't seem to be much but I can't see anything leaking either. A friend had with a focus st had his ford oil filter get a pinhole leak and get oil on the ground in a similar manner.

so yeah. I have a new car. Don't need to be dealing with oil leaks. That's why I got rid of my Volvo

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
pm FordService with your VIN and issues. They''ll help you set everything up.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I put a bit of cardboard under my car/truck so I know for sure it's fresh from my vehicle. Though I do that in my garage do the rind won't effectively move the cardboard. Just to help me locate the pesky drip. When did you change oil last and who did it ? These cars tend to slop oil around if you are not careful taking the filter off and the drain plug out. Though this drain plug isn't a issue it just overshoots my drain oil pan if I get in a hurry. :)

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Unofficially, I had the oil changed with fresh motorcraft synthetic and a fresh motorcraft filter around 3000 miles, and I am at 6800 now. I am just now "due for my first oil change". Personally I found the idea of wearing out my engine prematurely for another 4500 miles past the typical interval for conventional for an engine's breakin cycle absolutely ludicrous and paid out of pocket to change it even though I have Ford's 60,000 mile Service Plan where EVERYTHING is covered