Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts on Fortune Auto 500 Kit????

Mikey456

I've driven a C7 Z06 flat out and could not believe how easy it was to drive and how well it handled the road. But it also had a suspension more technologically advanced than basically anything on the FiST while probably being as expensive as my whole damn car anyway.

The Corvette engineers did tune the leaf springs pretty well. But there fancy shocks are what really keep things under control. They also recently admitted that they stayed with leaf springs for budget reasons, which is why the new C8 has coilover shock absorbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Haha 225 not 245 but I get your point. My buddy from work is the Billy Bob that did it [emoji23]. It has since been replaced by a Thermal R&D catback lol. I already have 2 spare sets of wheels in my garage. If I can solve this with coils I would prefer to go that route

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I would check with the FA 'tech' department, and ask them if the geometry/wheel travel/internal stops/etc. will still be A OK with them maxed out to their highest collar adjustment, since that's the height you will most likely need them to be set at to not destroy the D3s. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They also recently admitted that they stayed with leaf springs for budget reasons, which is why the new C8 has coilover shock absorbers.
That's funny, because they'd always claimed in the past that it was because of 'tradition', and that the 'purists' would revolt against them if that was changed (and even more so with the whole front engine thing). LOL

Last edited:
I would check with the FA 'tech' department, and ask them if the geometry/wheel travel/internal stops/etc. will still be A OK with them maxed out to their highest collar adjustment, since that's the height you will most likely need them to be set at to not destroy the D3s. [wink]
Running a coil over set up, not FA but another brand, and ran into this issue.

Using the bottom collar to adjust ride height would result in the bump stop not doing anything. Actually cut a tire on track because of this.

So we ended up redoing the bump stop (changing bumpers and adjusting the damper free length [bottom collar]) to get some bump travel before the bump stop contacts, and to avoid the tire rubbing. We then had to go to a help spring set up to adjust ride height as this limits your ride height at 0 spring preload.

If we went with the "off the self" bump stop we would actually raise the car ~0.75 inches over stock height, with 0 preload in the spring. This was with the damper free length set to have the bump stop engage with ~1/16" of clearance between the tire and chassis and full lock.