Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts on the noise!

Hi guys, my first post, recently bought a FiST few weeks back and noticed a sort of grinding/whistle noise coming from around the drivers side (sounds like just in front) when I hit around 40mph, or sometimes above, I also noticed the other night when hard accelerating between 3-4gears, 5-6k revs that my ESC light came on for 2-3 seconds, I cannot remember if that was before starting to brake or during but whilst braking from around 60mph at I'd say 75-80% effort a noise starts to come from under the drives side again, like a sort of wobble grunt noise that causes a lot of vibration, any sort of idea here?

I do have my car booked in under watrently to be checked, just wants more insight into others views!

Thanks,
Jamie

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
Will get it checked throughly when I put it on Thursday, it's one of those things that is hard to explain unless shown and heard. Could the ESC light come on due to lack of grip? or does it only come on when a fault is detected in terms of traction/wheels? Or neither and only when the ESC is turned off or on sports mode?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Will get it checked throughly when I put it on Thursday, it's one of those things that is hard to explain unless shown and heard. Could the ESC light come on due to lack of grip? or does it only come on when a fault is detected in terms of traction/wheels? Or neither and only when the ESC is turned off or on sports mode?
The skid looking icon will come on when grip is lost on a front whell. Extra spin.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
The skid looking icon will come on when grip is lost on a front whell. Extra spin.
I thought so, is this a natural thing to occur? the road condition was dry, decently flat and the tire is in good wear, could say I was pushing the car to it's higher end rev range for each gear at around 60-70 when it happened, could had anything to do with the first stated issues I may have been experiencing?

I've had ABS engage on me a few times, and it did make an interesting sound that could have been similar to what you are describing.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
After some further researched and testing, I drove 30mph and braked hard to try replicate the vibration, nothing, did it at 60mph with a hard brake and the front driver side vibrated, making me believe the front driver side brake roter has begun to slightly warp.

As with the noise I can hear when the car is going around 40mph I am clueless, the list of bringing into the dealerships garage is growing