Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Three Week Report on New ST

I picked up my FiST 3 weeks ago from the dealer. Overall I am pretty happy with the car.

Pros:
One of the easiest to drive manual transmissions I have ever driven.
Plenty of torque for acceleration even though I have yet to take it over 3000 rpms.
Ride is not as bumpy as some would have you believe.
The Ford Sync is wonderful to use after the system in the Evo X I had.
Decent gas mileage.
Recaro seats are surprisingly comfortable and easy to get in and out of.

Cons:
I nail the cup holder in the door every time I get in and out.
There is a constant rattle on the drivers side pillar or nearby in the dash. I can't seem to locate it and its driving me nuts.
Cruising with the windows down all the way on a highway is pretty much unbearable as it beats me up.
I have yet to see anything over 32 mpg average with city and highway driving even shifting at the recommended economic interval.
Needed touched up immediately from the dealer. Someone must have barely scraped the bottom of the corner of the door when going through inspection. Also the car had 27 miles on it when I picked it up. I am not sure if this is typical as a friend of mine who worked at a dealer told me cars usually had less than 5 when a customer came to pick them up.

I figure this will be a 1-2 year car for me as I change my mind often and always want something different. I have owned many sports cars in that price range and I really miss my 04 STI the most. I have to say the FiST handles like a dream and can almost take ramp speeds with big curves like my S2K did.

Nice to see another member from Illinois! I customer ordered mine and it had 32 miles on it by the time it got to the dealer :(
Really high considering it was special-order.

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
I hear ya. Mine was a special order as well. I waited the 3 months and when I got it I looked at the odo and it said 27 miles and the avg mpg was around 12. I was not happy.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I have most likely the same rattle and I found it was the gauge bezel hood, the soft touch part of the dash that goes over the plastic gauge bezel. If you put pressure on it, the rattle goes away. I've been meaning to shove some cloth or something in between it and the plastic gauge bezel but I haven't found the time yet.

Btw, welcome fellow Evo owner.... :)

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
I will have to give that a shot.
I miss my Evo X sometimes but then I remember how dreary the interior was and how awful it was on gas and how the clutch was terrible haha.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I'm on the same page as most of your reviews. The pillar rattles can be fixed pretty easy by adding some foam padding to the little panel clips...that's what the dealer ended up doing on mine.