Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tightening up the rumbles

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Hey guys,

So I have AWRs 88A rmm and powerflexes race engine mounts. Now I don't mind the vibration but the wife does as well as the clanging from metal on metal in some places. Is there anyway adding a 4 or 6 point stabilizer bar would limit the vibrations? I already have a rear sway bar, am going to space the exhaust from the body a little, and have installed a 2 point brace under the engine as well. Would it be possible to do a 4 point cage or even just a bar behind the seat and keep the back seat accessible for sitting, small children in car seats?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
well that AWR88A is gonna give you rumbles. You might want to try another RMM. You might also try the Powerflex street vs the race. When you use the stiffer urethane you are always gonna be treading the line between rumbles and slight vibration and comfort. Putting multipoint brace in will not change that,

DangerMouse

I have both upper Vibra Technics and revo rear. Only vibration is a small bit when taking off in first but it's barely noticeable. Wife has no complaints. The kid complains about the suspension, cause it can get a little bouncy in the back, on the main road here with all the expansion joints. But she complained when it was stock too. Wife does complain that we always drive her car but that's why I bought it.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Lol yeah.. I don't think the wife really understands my hobby. I'm keeping the mounts so guess she will have to deal with it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

Lol yeah.. I don't think the wife really understands my hobby. I'm keeping the mounts so guess she will have to deal with it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Mine doesn't understand either and hates how much it costs but I spend a little on her and a little more on the fiesta hahahaha

Sam4

They only like vibrations when they're self-induced. If the hubby causes it, they call for a 'repair man'.....like Ron Jeremy.