Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Time for tires again

CSM

1000 Post Club
No they aren’t they are cast . Look on Rota’s website they list the wheels they flow form which has only come about in the last year. Titans are not flow formed.
good catch. unfortunately a few distributors have incorrect information on their websites then. A few are advertising Titans as flow form

Dpro

6000 Post Club
good catch. unfortunately a few distributors have incorrect information on their websites then. A few are advertising Titans as flow form
Ya I would love if Titans were flow formed as it is with our roads I am not sure I am going to run them much longer. I just had two bend from a bad asphalt repair causing a series of harsh dips and bumps on the 110 freeway. I have only had the wheels for a year. The wheels are unrepairable. I am going to throw my Dekagrams with the RS Pro’s back on tomorrow. It sucks because we don’t have much of any light weight 17 inch wheels that are nice and not impossible to get for our cars. Then again our choices are limited in 16 as well. lol I just liked the look of the Titans spoke wise a lot more than the Dekagrams. Though the Dekagrams are a much better wheel overall.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did the falken's help with straight line traction? After my most recent purchase of the monster adaptx tune, first and second gear are pretty much useless on stock sized indy 500's now on a cool-to-cold day. They just break traction and spin, no squealing, just the hissing of melting tires, both sides, if I try to go WOT in first or second, then a solid bark into third. I feel like the car would be a rocket if it would hook up but I don't even bother launching off the line anymore, I just drive like an old lady until third gear and then give it some gas to have fun and be an idiot. On a really hot (100f) day the car feels like it's faster because it pulls power and doesn't spin lol.
The 615k+ do help with the stickiness level over the firehawks that came off and being a tad wider also look better. The only thing that will help you completely is an LSD. I am excited to finally get my car back together and drive it here in a couple of days. Then I have to resist giving it the beans during clutch break in period...which is going to be HARD.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ya I would love if Titans were flow formed as it is with our roads I am not sure I am going to run them much longer. I just had two bend from a bad asphalt repair causing a series of harsh dips and bumps on the 110 freeway. I have only had the wheels for a year. The wheels are unrepairable. I am going to throw my Dekagrams with the RS Pro’s back on tomorrow. It sucks because we don’t have much of any light weight 17 inch wheels that are nice and not impossible to get for our cars. Then again our choices are limited in 16 as well. lol I just liked the look of the Titans spoke wise a lot more than the Dekagrams. Though the Dekagrams are a much better wheel overall.
Those new flow formed, KE Motorsports Pros coming out in 17x8s, sold exclusively through Phil's Tire, look promising. [wink]

If were to get a set as a pure summer setup, I would probably have them mount & balance some Nankang CR-Ses in 215/40-17 on them if they ever release that size by then.

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club
Those new flow formed, KE Motorsports Pros coming out in 17x8s, sold exclusively through Phil's Tire, look promising. [wink]

If were to get a set as a pure summer setup, I would probably have them mount & balance some Nankang CR-Ses in 215/40-17 on them if they ever release that size by then.
I'm really excited for these. These are essentially the next generation of Team Dynamic wheels right?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm really excited for these. These are essentially the next generation of Team Dynamic wheels right?
Actually Phil's Tire told me that no, these are a totally separate company, and have nothing to do with Team Dynamics, whatsoever.

Supposedly, Team Dynamics is coming out with their own new line to replace their venerable Pro Race 1.2s and other series, now that they are no longer under the Rimstock ownership umbrella, with the exception of the 15x8 1.2s, which will retain the same molds/'look', unlike the rest which will be (again supposedly) very different aesthetically than the current 16x7 and 17x whatever Pro Race 1.2s (or so I am told). [wink]

Did the falken's help with straight line traction? After my most recent purchase of the monster adaptx tune, first and second gear are pretty much useless on stock sized indy 500's now on a cool-to-cold day. They just break traction and spin, no squealing, just the hissing of melting tires, both sides, if I try to go WOT in first or second, then a solid bark into third. I feel like the car would be a rocket if it would hook up but I don't even bother launching off the line anymore, I just drive like an old lady until third gear and then give it some gas to have fun and be an idiot. On a really hot (100f) day the car feels like it's faster because it pulls power and doesn't spin lol.
I had 615k+ on my first gen CTS-V. They hooked up pretty darn good until you got below 50 at which point they were comparable to the Indy 500's that are on it now. As should be expected the 615k+ are in another tier of tire being a 200 treadwear. Both tires are just horrid in the rain. I'll probably go Extremecontact Sports for that car as well once the time comes.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I
Cannot speak to the RT615k+ but can speak about the RT660‘s they hook up great. I had RS Pro’s on previous and while they were sticky once I went larger turbo they started spinning. The Rt660 was a step up. As far as the 615k goes not so sure. I mean they were the previous generation and were not bad but were bested by a lot of tires that the Rt660 managed to equal. There are mixed opinions on both tires. I love my 660’s but unfortunately unless I buy a set for my Dekagrams I am at the moment having to go back to the RS Pro’s as that is whats on my Deka’s. Ya not sure whats gonna happen in the Titan world jury is out I am grateful I did not sell my Deka’s.
There may be some KE’s in my future.

OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #29
Ok, wow was not expecting this much discussion, sorry for being absent.

Did you want A/s tyres or Summer tyres?
If I'm paying $180 per tire it had better be a summer tire.

Realistically, my budget would probably max out around $120 per tire plus install fees (~$500-$600 installed), I've been pretty happy with my Kumho Ecsta PS31s, even if I did wear most of the way through them in about 20k miles. I am not doing nearly as much aggressive driving although I will be taking her out in the canyons 2-3 times a month (which is down considerably from when I originally put the Kumhos on). I do have to say, in spite of being a summer tire I was sort of expecting a 460 treadwear tire to last longer than 20-30k miles, so I'm a little confused on Kumho's TW ratings.

I'm pretty biased against all seasons, especially since I can run summers year-round for the most part so unless your recommending a VERY durable or extraordinarily cheap all season that still does well when the road gets twisty I'd say probably just focus on summer stuff in either the OE size, 45 series, or with a 215 section width.

It is worth noting that I love taking my car out in the elements on the rare occasion that they occur, so recommendations would ideally do well in rain.

Falkien 615k+ in a 215/40r17 is now what I am running. I Run stock wheel still also. Came from Firestone Indy 500s and i think the Falkiens are a step up and forward.
Haven't ever driven on a Falken before, how many miles have you put on these so far? Whats the noise level like compared to the Indy 500s? These are just outside of my budget but I'll definitely consider them if I can get at least 25k miles out of them in majority commute driving.

I'm still amazed at the price, you might get good price for fuel but you get dry humped on tyres!!! I think I pay about £100 a tyre or $130. I'd wonder what the real difference between the two are - my PS4 are good in anything but snow and I only fit 15s and winters so I've got rubber to bounce off kerbs, not rims.

Edit. And we don't get the Pilot Sport all season 4.

If I couldn't get what I've got I'd head for Uniroyal Rainsport 5 I think. UK climate is more damp than hot and sunny.

Always found the RE050A to be snappy in the cold. Good when warmed up but they seemed to eat themselves after that. The last set I had managed under 15k and they were shot.
Europe is smart and doesn't do retarded all-season tires because they value driver safety.

When I go to Tire Rack and filter for summer performance tires in the OEM size, only five tires come up. The selection is pretty bad.
That was my initial assessment of tirerack's selection, hence why I came here to see if there was anything else I should be considering. The Fleva's are currently my front runner since apparently Firehawks cost almost $30 more per tire which I don't get seeing as they were about $40 cheaper than they are now only a year and a half ago. I guess inflation IS a bitch.

I just discovered that those Yoko Advan Flevas come in a multitude of OE equivalent diameter sizes: 195/40R17, 195/45R17, 205/40R17 and 215/40R17.

Last edited:

the duke

Actually Phil's Tire told me that no, these are a totally separate company, and have nothing to do with Team Dynamics, whatsoever.

Supposedly, Team Dynamics is coming out with their own new line to replace their venerable Pro Race 1.2s and other series, now that they are no longer under the Rimstock ownership umbrella, with the exception of the 15x8 1.2s, which will retain the same molds/'look', unlike the rest which will be (again supposedly) very different aesthetically than the current 16x7 and 17x whatever Pro Race 1.2s (or so I am told). [wink]
Wait, what? Please tell me the Pro Race 3s still exist. No one other than Compomotive and fifteen52 makes a simple tarmac 5-spoke.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Wait, what? Please tell me the Pro Race 3s still exist. No one other than Compomotive and fifteen52 makes a simple tarmac 5-spoke.
He did not say.
But my guess is that they will still have some form of a similar 5 spoke, like their Pro Race 3s.

Revolution also makes a quality 5 spoke, which I believe they will build for our application. [dunno]

Last edited: