Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tim's Molten Orange TURBOST (pic heavy?)

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #21
What are the wheel and tire specs....? I like the beefy look
Obviously 4x100 conversion and Enkei RPF1s, but I don't know what else. I'll let you know when I find out.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #24
Ordered a few things for the FiST recently....

Shift knob from a Carbon Fiber Package FoST...

DHM Race Intercooler/Crash Bar (powdercoated Gulf Racing blue)

Tial Q BOV...

Turbosmart BPV blockoff plate...

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #25

Got my ATP downpipe installed as well.

Exhaust is leaking like a mofo from somewhere. :/

Can smell it in the car. Really not looking forward to fixing it. Need to go by Ford and order a new exhaust gasket and fire ring for the turbo to downpipe.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #29
I'm going to get dyno tuned by my tuner, Brian Tyson @ JST Performance. He holds the record for the fastest stock turbo FoST in the 1/4 and lives fairly close to me.

Just waiting on the FMIC. :)

Got most of the exhaust issue sorted out.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #31
So now that it's getting nice outside I've been driving with the windows down.

This exhaust combo shoots flames, makes LOUD pops and bangs. Like verging on "that hurts my ears" loud, if you have the windows down. It's AMAZING. I love it.

Still waiting on my [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] FMIC and crash bar. Stuck in powdercoating hell. :( but once it gets here it'll be amazing and I'll be down to get dyno tuned... possibly picking up a meth kit in preparation for the Quickspool kit I plan to order in a month or two.

FistSt215

I need to get myself a Cobb rmm, a jack and some jack stands and tackle the rmm myself . Never done one before , my fear is locating the stock rmm and when I take it off hopefully the motor won't fall on me lmfao.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #33
I need to get myself a Cobb rmm, a jack and some jack stands and tackle the rmm myself . Never done one before , my fear is locating the stock rmm and when I take it off hopefully the motor won't fall on me lmfao.
Engine hardly moves when the RMM is removed. My scrawny, 110lb self could easily push it back into place 1 handed.

FistSt215

Engine hardly moves when the RMM is removed. My scrawny, 110lb self could easily push it back into place 1 handed.
Damn you really weigh 110 pounds ? I'm pretty sure I can do it . I watch the quick spool video on how to do it .

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #37
MY PARTS ARE HEEEEEERE!!! Now just eating dinner and then I'm going to excuse myself to my room with a box of tissues and open the box.

Pics will be posted.

Only of the car parts.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #38
You know it's going to be good when the box is almost as tall as you... Excuse my ugly mug.

^this is what I was going for... let the butthurt flow. I'll probably be dropping it off at powder-coat tomorrow morning with some other parts to get a different color. I'm not 100% feeling it. But the parts are AWESOME!

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #39
So I figured I'd make a little post about my experience with [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]. I won't sugar coat, but I'll say that even though it wasn't a perfect experience I am more than happy in the end.

I decided to buy my IC at possibly the worst time. Due to a perfect storm of circumstances, things took a little longer than I'd like. But that's the price you pay when you're buying parts from a tiny little company that's active in the community. Russ was on vacation when I originally ordered, and then went to Florida for a few days to help out with Erik's car. Can't rush perfection, I guess. I'm happy I waited it out.

When I first approached Russ, I asked about getting a custom color and having a BOV flange added onto the IC. Russ worked the BOV into the deal and the price was extremely fair. Originally, I wanted just the crash bar custom colored. Then Russ informed me that he could take apart the BOV for me and have it powder coated along with the crash bar. He could have easily saved himself some work and neglected to tell me that this was an option, but he looked out for me! Russ also answered any stupid questions I had while I waited for my parts to arrive, which ranged from vacuum line sizing to "oh, shit, the BOV blockoff I ordered won't work what do I do?" lol

Sooooo I finally got the parts.

Holy packaging batman. I think they were the most well packaged parts I've ever received. It took me a solid 10 min to unwrap all of the plastic, lol. I don't need to tell you how awesome the quality of the parts is, either. Welds are pretty, powdercoat looks good (although I'm not as in love with the color as I wish I was) and everything is blemish free.

I'll definitely be buying from DHM again, this was my test run... and like I said... things weren't perfect but the product was delivered as described. Just a little slow. Next stop, Quickspool.

I think that color will look pretty awesome with a MO FiST. And congrats on recieving your parts, now get the installed and let the fun begin. [cheers]