Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire options?

I'm in need of a new set of tires soon, I want to do something more aggressive than an all season, but don't want a 200 TW. I drive like 50 miles round trip for work, on a mountain pass with tons of twisties, but we have a short window for "summer" weather, and don't want to try and drive that on an aggressive 200 TW when it starts pouring rain and getting cold in like ~2-3 months. I've had RE71R,Toyo Extensa HP II, and DWS06+ in the past.

Is there something like a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S that comes in 16"? (is the extreme contact sport any good?)

If I have to settle and get something in 200 TW like an RT660 I will, I'd just rather not have to buy another set before next year. I know they wear out very fast as I've had RE71R in the past. With how much I drive they won't make it more than a few months.

615s are 200TW

I also have Dekas currently running BFG Comp 2s. They are ok but I think they are being discontinued.

Your best options are probably the Continental ExtremeContact Sport or the Firestone Indy 500s

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
615s are 200TW

I also have Dekas currently running BFG Comp 2s. They are ok but I think they are being discontinued.

Your best options are probably the Continental ExtremeContact Sport or the Firestone Indy 500s
And OEM tires on the car were 120tw. The number doesn't always tell the whole story.

Dialcaliper

Are you looking for summer?

I’ve been extremely happy with the Yokohama Advan V701 Fleva, which is basically the Yokohama S.Drive (which was also a very good tire) but with a revised compound. I’ve run them on two other other cars, and I like them a lot better than the Indy 500’s currently on my ST which feel really vague by comparison.

I’ve not tried the Continentals, so I can’t give a good comparison there.

I’ve run through 2 sets of S.Drives and 2 sets of V701 Flevas on one of my cars, and can confirm they are pretty much the same tire with some incremental improvements.

I’ve been satisfied enough that I’m about to buy a third set on that car (a Fiat with 185/55R15) and I’ve also installed them on a second car (Honda Fit

They’re obviously not at the level of a 200TW tire, but if you’re not willing to go there, I would definitely recommend them as a daily drivertire.

Similar grip levels but better steering response than the Indy 500. Good enough to embarrass a lowered Mustang and a Boxster driving down one of my favorite local mountain roads in the Honda Fit (with a RSB and tires, but otherwise stock)

Decent treadwear (300). Also reasonably priced. Hard to judge tread life because the electric Fiat eats front tires for breakfast. I’m guessing you’ll probably get at least 25-30k miles from them if you drive them hard like I do. More if you go easy on them.

They handle fine and are pretty predictable in the wet and cold, though they do start out hard on mornings below freezing until they warm up. Obviously if you run them through standing deep puddles of water at 70mph, they hydroplane, but that goes for pretty much any summer tire. At lower speeds they are fine.

Last edited: