Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire Stickers

Liking the look of tire stickers but not sure how they hold up. Anyone have experience with them (or pics)? Worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceman_Spiff

Someone locally bought a paint marker from home depot and did it that way (the stickers are apparently hella-expensive). Said it was a pita, not sure how they're holding up. I too would like to know about the stickers. I like the white letters on some of the STs...

I did mine with some white sharpie oil based paint pens. It's holding up pretty good. I did two coats on each wheel.

OP
FreshST
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. [MENTION=4037]ColoradoST[/MENTION], did you have to do any prep work before using the paint pen?

I just cleaned the tires really well, with soapy water, and a paper towel until there wasn't any black grime showing on the towel.

OP
FreshST
Thread Starter #6
I just cleaned the tires really well, with soapy water, and a paper towel until there wasn't any black grime showing on the towel.
Thanks. Seems pretty straightforward.

White lettering on tires is a thing now? That used to be really popular in the seventies. It was almost impossible to buy any sort of performance tire that didn't have it.

tire stickers probably wont fall off since (by since I mean I am guessing, and by guessing I mean very likely) the adhesive they use creates a bond to the tire rubber... sorta like a tire patch. I just cant see any other thing that would "stick" to rubber without making the two separate pieces one.