Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tires for traction in 2nd

Wanted help with what tires to get next. My Indy 500’s, as much as I love them, just spin too much in 2nd with my whoosh hybrid. They were perfect for my stage 3 but now not so much. Is there a tire that’s not too expensive that is a bit stickier. Or is the power more of a factor. Also can I fit 225s with 16s on oem suspension? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wanted help with what tires to get next. My Indy 500’s, as much as I love them, just spin too much in 2nd with my whoosh hybrid. They were perfect for my stage 3 but now not so much. Is there a tire that’s not too expensive that is a bit stickier. Or is the power more of a factor. Also can I fit 225s with 16s on oem suspension? Thanks in advance!

Federal 595 RSRs

Noisy but grippy and cost effective

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #4
Awesome
I appreciate the reply’s. Would 225/45/16s be a prob on stock suspension or should i just go with 215s. Getting new wheels when I need tires.

I fit 225/45s on my 15x8 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s, and they work fine with a Swift springs/Blistein B6 combo. I'm guessing you should be fine with 16s on the stock suspension.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Tire diameter should be fine @ 24". I run 24.6" and it rubbed with stock suspension on the liners.
Tire width is most likely fine depending on your wheel offset.

CSM

1000 Post Club
You'll be fine with 225s on stock suspension. I run 225/45/16 ZIIIs in summer and they stick like glue with my X37 setup. Cant wait to get the suspension dialed in and destroy some SMF peeps next Autocross season

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
You'll be fine with 225s on stock suspension. I run 225/45/16 ZIIIs in summer and they stick like glue with my X37 setup. Cant wait to get the suspension dialed in and destroy some SMF peeps next Autocross season
Can you attest to how the ZIII's compare to RE71R's? I have been running under the assumption that they are almost but not quite as good, thus me running 215's in the R71's as 225's are not available that work with 17" wheels.

CSM

1000 Post Club
RE71R are the king of autocross and hot lap tires. But they wear pretty fast. If you are going to be doing any sort of highway driving/daily driving and not using the tire exclusively as a competition tire I would go ZIII all day for its better wear characteristics.

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #10
Awesome. What width wheel would be good with 225s

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Below is a snip from TireRacks website for the aforementioned Dunlop Direzza ZIII's. As you can see, a rim of 7 to 8.5" works, they used a 7.5" for their mounting measurements. In general, you want to be in the middle of the range the tire manufacturer recommends. Every make/model of tire is different (even for the "same" size tire)

1571237288952.png

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #12
Gotcha. Thanks for the help!

Se7eN

Anything with 200threadware or lower will help you out in this dept. Obviously wont last as long as a regular all weather or summer tire.